virgo Alarm

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Sebata
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cosmo City
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds
Club VHF Licence: X125

virgo Alarm

Post by Sebata »

Good day fellow Hiluxers & jeeps.

i need your assistance with regards to my trucks alarm, when pressing the lock button on the mobilizer, the hazards flashes but no beep sounds, on the dash board the red light that indicate the alarm is armed comes ON.

so last night i did some test to see if my alarm works.

1. locked the doors as normal with the window open, so i can unlock from inside, when i opened the door, the dome light comes on BUT no alarm :shock: not even hazards flashed :shock:
2. armed it with the doors open, the normal warning sound to indicate the doors are open came on :thumbup:
3. pressed the panic button on the mobilizer, the alarm sounded :thumbup:

could you please advice what could be the problem im faced with? as i did the same test of opening doors while armed with all four doors still got same results. no alarm & no hazards.

regards
Tau :thumbup:
Tau Sello
Sebata, Lion enjoys hunting with Hynas...
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Re: virgo Alarm

Post by Donkey »

Like I said last night I'm not sure, but maybe someone can advise. Good luck daddy :thumbup:
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Sebata
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds

Post by Sebata »

:thumbup:
Tau Sello
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Dont think you will come right here.VIRGO is a starsign :lmao:
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Sebata

Re: vigo Alarm

Post by Sebata »

george wrote:Dont think you will come right here.VIRGO is a starsign :lmao:
George, George :surrender:
Tau Sello
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

can confirm it is not right - if I do the window open trick and open the door there is one hell of an alarm - via the HOOTERS, NOT the "alarm" hooter next the brake booster.

Does the hooter work on the Vi(r)go ?

dont know where alse to look ...
Sebata

Post by Sebata »

ChrisF wrote:can confirm it is not right - if I do the window open trick and open the door there is one hell of an alarm - via the HOOTERS, NOT the "alarm" hooter next the brake booster.

Does the hooter work on the Vi(r)go ?

dont know where alse to look ...
hi Chris, the hooter works well
Tau Sello
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

Could be because you unlocked from the inside with the window open, but Chris' one sounded the alarm... :think: If you unlocked from the central locking, maybe lock/arm while sitting inside and then open the door using the handle instead of the CL.

Could be that the system is intelligent enough to regard it as an invalid alarm condition i.e. if a person accidentally arms it before getting out of the car..
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear

Post by Donkey »

Valid point :clap:
Tumelo Maketekete
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

ImageImage
Sebata

Post by Sebata »

Stef wrote:Could be because you unlocked from the inside with the window open, but Chris' one sounded the alarm... :think: If you unlocked from the central locking, maybe lock/arm while sitting inside and then open the door using the handle instead of the CL.

Could be that the system is intelligent enough to regard it as an invalid alarm condition i.e. if a person accidentally arms it before getting out of the car..
hi Stef, i just tested the theory, still no alarm, all it does it dis-engages the LED light that shows the alarm is armed back to stand-by mode :shock2:
Tau Sello
Quadmyster
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Alberton
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D-4D

Post by Quadmyster »

What year model is it?

I noticed a while back if you do that test and open the doors to quick after engaging the alarm it stay's silent. Wait say 30 second and see if the alarm sounds then. Ill try it again with my 2009 model and see if it goes off.
Quadmyster
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Quadmyster »

Yipp went out and tested it. There is a delay.

As soon as you engage the alarm the security light stays on. After more than 10 seconds the light switches off and starts to flash. open it then and alarm will sound.

Now next question then. Can this be changed to have a much sorter delay or even engage without that delay. Makes me worry a bit now.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Even on the KZ there's a delay, I think about 30 secs, which I thought it was the case when speaking to Sebata yesterday.
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

I also found that if you activate the alarm while one door is not properly closed, it does not make the biep sound. That is how I know when I lock it that one door is not properly closed. It locks the doors, but no beeping farewell greeting.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Sebata

Post by Sebata »

Quadmyster wrote:Yipp went out and tested it. There is a delay.

As soon as you engage the alarm the security light stays on. After more than 10 seconds the light switches off and starts to flash. open it then and alarm will sound.

Now next question then. Can this be changed to have a much sorter delay or even engage without that delay. Makes me worry a bit now.
Tested the theory this morning happy days are here again :thumbup: , 30sec delay, opened the door, huge noice sounded :yahoo:

Thank you guys for the help :thumbup:
Tau Sello
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

I am glad that there was nothing wrong.
Everything keeps going right.................Toyota
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Good stuff.Glad the VIRGO is sorted
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Quadmyster
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Quadmyster »

Well im waiting a few seconds from now on before leaving it in the parking lot. You can adjust the alarm to sound when locking and unlocking. The procedure is in you booklet. I adjusted mine myself to sound when locking ad unlocking the bakkie. Now togo read up to hear if you can make that delay shorter.

Return to “The Workshop”