advice

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
african dust
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Seychelles + Montagu
Vehicle: '98 Hilux DC 4x4 22R LTD. Land cruiser FJ60, 1981, old and tough. Prado 150 vx v6.

advice

Post by african dust »

Hi guys maybe you can help please.
Here in the islands the company I work for has a Isuzu 2.5 diesel. Suddenly the fan control in the cabin ( for aircon and normal air circulation) stopped working on level 1, 2 and 3. Only 4 works and that is full speed. I thought the fan motor bight have a tight bearing or a resistor of sorts but not so. I checked the switch selector but could not find any fault. The stealers in RSA said I had to buy a complete dash control system. This the hotel wanted to do as it is used by one of the directors. I now put in a complete new unit and the result is still the same ? Any ideas ? I am stumped ( which is not hard to do). and yes before any wise ones point out that this is a Hilux forum I accept it but I hope you can forgive my transgresssion. thanks for any advice. :beg:
african dust
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: '98 Hilux DC 4x4 22R LTD. Land cruiser FJ60, 1981, old and tough. Prado 150 vx v6.

Re: advice

Post by african dust »

Bump... Please guys any ideas ?
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

Check if the fan motor has a resistor to be able to reduce the speeds. The resistor is most likely burnt out from age causing the fan to work only on full speed.
Johan Marais
Shimano
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Strand Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC125

Post by Shimano »

Look for the fan speed resistor behind the glovebox, looks like a credit card, replace resistor and your problem should be sorted.
Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4
african dust
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by african dust »

Thanks guys will chk and let you know.

Return to “The Workshop”