Tyre Fix/Sealant

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
chopper

Tyre Fix/Sealant

Post by chopper »

I am "aware" of a tyre fix/sealant that appeared on the market some time ago; it is applied/injected (prior) in order to prevent punctures. It was demonstrated with 6" nails and various other objects being inserted into tyres after having been treated with this "wonder goo" - with no resulting flat tyre or negative effect (I believe)
Some questioned the use of that on motor vehicles as it made wheel balancing problematic :?:
We need it for use on the game farm in our quads, motorcycles etc
Any info on this and where it might be sourced :?:
Great appreciation
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2018 FJ Cruiser
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Re: Tyre Fix/Sealant

Post by ThysdJ »

Thinus here is a thread where we discussed this stuff about 2 years ago.. :thumbup: :thumbup:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13600&p=151456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thys de Jager
Fired as CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2018 FJ Cruiser - #stofgevreet
1984 Mercedes 126 Black Widow Vernon Koekemoer Edition
email: thysdj@gmail.com

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Post by Traveler »

Did anybody actually have it put in??

I was told (uninformed) that it would negatively affect the life of the tyre, or make it difficult to balance. I never investigated to ensure it was true.

Know what you don't know.
chopper

Post by chopper »

Thys,
Dankbaar - ek het Jennifer in die hande gekry :thumbup:
Enige terugvoer van die Forum manne wie dit wel oor 'n tydperk gebruik het :?:
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2018 FJ Cruiser
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Plesier.. :thumbup:

Smaak my jy is die ou wat vir ons gaan feedback gee Thinus.. :clap: :clap:
Thys de Jager
Fired as CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2018 FJ Cruiser - #stofgevreet
1984 Mercedes 126 Black Widow Vernon Koekemoer Edition
email: thysdj@gmail.com

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
ATH
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Durban
Vehicle: 2007 Toyota Hilux 2.5 D-4D SRX 4x4

Post by ATH »

Hi Thinus,

Check with the bicycle shops. I use a product for my tubeless tyres on my mountain bike. There are two variations ... STAN'S is a thin product and then there is another suited for tushes and tubeless. This one has fibre bits in it.

Essentially the technology works as follows ... Hole in tyre causes the oxygen in the air to react with the compound (which has a content of ammonia) and the tyre seals pretty quick. The demo I saw initially was the chap at the bike shop poking a small (3mm) diameter screwdriver into the tyre and rotating on removal. Hole closed and very minimal air loss.

I just keep my tyres topped up every few months (on a bicycle tyre, shake and hear if fluid slushed around) and keep going.

Imagine you would need double + as used on a bicycle for your quad bike?

Hope this helps ... :celebrate:
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Phone my heavy, he use to sell stuff like that. The ones they sold are good because they do not clog up when they get old. Jaco - 0836524475
He is in Brackenfell and I think he will still get hold of it for you. I have in my Scooter, 2 years of puncture free fun.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
chopper

Post by chopper »

Thank you very much - I spoke to him (on the golf course :wth: :D: )
Will call him for the info on Monday :thumbup:
BenRich
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4 BF Goodrich KM2 MT Old Man Emu Suspension, ONCA Rocksliders, Safari Snorkel, Stofpad Bashplate's National Luna Duel Battery System, Engel Fridge

Post by BenRich »

The product was called Ride-On. I had it put in my wife'e tuna when we bought it in 2010 directly from Toyota.

The standard Bridgestone Dueler AT. She picked up a good size nail once, I saw it one day after she pulled in. Impossible to know how long it was in there, cannot be more than a day but I pulled it out and plugged the hole...pressure lost in the tyre was almost zero.

If the vehicle has been standing for a while the tires feel unbalanced but after driving at about 100kph for a while they sort themselves out as the liquid distributes around the tire.

She's done 50000km now and the tires still have plenty life in them. No other problems :thumbdown:

Hope this helps
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

That is the problem of most of these products and that is exactly the problem my heavy used to sell do not have. Something about the one being water based and the other being latex or something, cannot remember the details.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
klippe
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Bronkhorstspruit
Vehicle: 2.5 D4D SRX 4x2

Post by klippe »

Het eendag e-mail van die ouens gekry

http://www.wonderseal.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lyk baie impressive maar ek weet ook nie

Return to “The Workshop”