Brandstof waarskuwingsliggie ???

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Arno
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville CT
Vehicle: 1997 Hilux DC

Brandstof waarskuwingsliggie ???

Post by Arno »

Het 'n 1997 Hilux DC SFA 'n liggie wat waarsku as die brandstof laag is ?
My lux is 'n 2.8TD ( Alpine )
Volgens die eienaarsboekie hou die D se tenk 85 liter. Ek laat altyd volgooi tot outomatiese stop. As dit net bokant leeg is neem dit so 60 liter om weer vol te maak tot by outomaties stop. Dan het ek so amper 600 km gery. Nou staan hy op 588 km en wys amper leeg. As dit 85 liter neem en ek kry 9k/l beteken dit ek het nog maklik 150 km oor op die tenk maar wil nie gaan staan nie.
Kan iemand help ?
Dankie.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Brandstof waarskuwingsliggie ???

Post by Mud Dog »

When you turn the ignition on (before starting), all the warning lights should come up so that you can see that they're all working. You should see if there's an idicator light for 'empty' if the vehicle is fitted with one and it's working. Sometimes shining a bright light on the instrument panel reveals what lights are built into it, however they may not all be wired / connected. I know mine has a light for "back door" that's non functional and could have been for the Surf, which perhaps used the same dash. Otherwise drain the tank if the light is there and working, to check and see that the sender unit in fact triggers it. :think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
2.8 d/cab SFA
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Re: Brandstof waarskuwingsliggie ???

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

:thumbup: mine has the fuel light that comes on, my guage shows 1/2 tank on 400km, but toyota fuel guages always drop quickly after the half mark. :?
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage

Return to “The Workshop”