New Range of UR Engines vs UZ

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Cheetah Drakie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 2.7i

New Range of UR Engines vs UZ

Post by Cheetah Drakie »

Was browsing the Lexus engines on Wiki, and wondered how the newer generation engines would fit in the IFS models.

The 3UR-FE is a 5.7-liter (5663 cc) engine designed for use in Toyota Tundra/Sequoia/Land Cruiser, and Lexus LX570 Trucks, without the D-4S gasoline direct injection but with Dual VVT-i. Bore of 94 mm and stroke of 102 mm, it produces 381 hp (283 kW) at 5,600 rpm and 401 lb·ft (543 N·m) of torque at 3,600 rpm. A stainless steel exhaust manifold incorporating a 3-way catalytic converter is used. This engine is cast at Toyota's Bodine Aluminum and currently assembled at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Alabama. Over 1.3 million kilometers of durability testing have gone into the engine. E85 ethanol capability will be optional for the 2009 model year.[4] The engine's service weight is 222 kg.

Available bolt-on Toyota Racing Development Eaton's Twin Vortices Series Roots-type supercharger kit for the Tundra and Sequoia bumps power to 504 hp (376 kW) and 550 lb·ft (750 N·m) of torque. Being from TRD, supercharger can be installed by dealers and will be covered under warranty.

Any thoughts? :writing:
Cheetah Drakie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Re: New Range of UR Engines vs UZ

Post by Cheetah Drakie »

That said, my trusty 2.7 doesn't seem to ever want to stop (touch wood). Currently have done over 580 000 km, and rarely have any issues. Did the full SAC conversion at 525 000 with SS valves, and a racing cam. I enjoy the easy acceleration at top end, but the itch of a V8 "purr" will never cease :shock2:
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

I think you will be :shock2: if you know the price. Also you have to Import yourself. None of the Engine Importers will import that motor yet to the complex Ecu arrangements that it use. Also its don't stop at the engine for the Ecu, influences the braking, auto box, security, climate control and the list go on.

Don't get me wrong, its a nice sound. :thumbup:
Cheetah Drakie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Cheetah Drakie »

True that. The sound is awesome. As you say the price will cure ha ha. Luckily, my engine is is mercifully sound.
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

Ok pricing on E-Bay sommer.

Anything from $3200 to $6250. Then its freight that will be almost the same and top of that Vat and import duties. Good pointer is you wont pay duties on the freight.
Misha_9998
Town: Virginia Beach
Vehicle: Toyota Tundra

Post by Misha_9998 »

The new 2017 Tundra is going to have a better engine. It'll be a new 5.0-liter turbodiesel engine, which will available to have 300 hp and 500 p-ft of torque)) Imagine)
the-cars.net/2017-toyota-tundra-release-how-do-you-like-it

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”