Wie het nog sy oorspronklike batery?

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Riaan99
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Vredendal
Vehicle: Hilux 3l 4x4 dc

Wie het nog sy oorspronklike batery?

Post by Riaan99 »

Ek wil dit nou nie jinx nie, maar wie het nog sy oorspronklike Toyota batery in sy lorrie?
Ek het, 2008. :celebrate:
..die kalmste is om belangrik te bly...
Samurai
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2008 Hilux Raider 3.0 D-4D D/C 4X4
Club VHF Licence: X209

Re: Wie het nog sy oorspronklike batery?

Post by Samurai »

My father had his replaced in his Lux (2008) in August last year. It wasn't "dead" but you could hear on start-up that it was time to have it replaced. Seems those batteries were decent quality. :thumbup:

My sister bought the new Ford Focus 2.0 Powershift (Auto) towards the end of 2011, and she is on her 3rd battery already. The 1st and 2nd were under warrranty (1 year), and the battery she has now, which she got from Ford roadside assist, only has a 6 month warranty! So ja, maybe Ford has had a lot of come-backs, I don't know... :banned:

"from this day to the ending of the world... we in it shall be remembered. We lucky few, we band of brothers.
For he who today shed his blood with me shall be my brother."
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

I had a 2.5 Microbus, the original Willard battery was 6 years old, i forgot the lights on one day and it never recovered, i replaced it with another Willard and it lasted exactly one year and one month.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
antlo69
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria North
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 D-4D, leveling kit, 17" with A/T BFg's, sadly stil some Tupperware, wish list growing by the day

Post by antlo69 »

I changed mine on the 2007 Vigo in November 2013. Also 6years.
"Must be a Toyota, must be a diesel and must run on BFG's"
Frederick Lange
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Randburg
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7 (2001), FJ Cruiser, Land Cruiser Pickup, Mercedes Benz Viano (Swambo), Mercedes Benz A180 CDI

Post by Frederick Lange »

Replaced our 2007 Benz Viano' s battery this morning for the 1st time. Our 2006 Benz A180cdi still running with its original battery.

Saw last week a delivery from Battery Centre delivering batteries to a Toyota dealership, no stickers - the parts department have rolls of Toyota stickers they stick onto unmarked batteries.
The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time!
Omo
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Ford Ranger super cab 3.0 xlt 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC236

Post by Omo »

The original factory battery is just mutch better then the replacement one. Myne last about 6 years before i had to change is.
There a two kind of people. Those who pushes a door when it says pull and they who pull a door when it says push.
Riaan99
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Riaan99 »

Het so paar weke trug 'n close call gehad, het die dakliggie vir 6 dae aan vergeet... :slap: ...moes hom 2 keer jump en het bietjie mooi met hom gepraat, nou gedra hy hom weer soos 'n nuwe een! :celebrate:
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Post by Thunder02 »

Had also around six year service with the batterys in my RAV.They all been Willards. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
NathanX4
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: 1991 Toyota Hilux (4.3) 4X4

Post by NathanX4 »

Ek het n dixon battery in my plat kar (opel astra). Die hou al 7 jaar en hy word net gery op vrydae. Asook het hy n groot klank stelsel in wat vrydae goed werk.
Ek glo nogals in die dixon
mcw
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: krugersdorp
Vehicle: Prado 90 V6 3.4 Auto
Club VHF Licence: X100

Post by mcw »

net n vraag vir die slim elektries manne

As n batterye lank staan voor hy verkoop en gebruik word ,verkort dit nie sy lewe nie
Riaan99
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Riaan99 »

How long a battery will last before it is placed in service really depends on the configuration of the battery as it 'sits on that shelf'.

For simplicity, lets assume we are talking about lead acid, automotive type batteries, regardless whether they are submerged plate type or the sealed, gell-cell or Glass Mat Technology type (like the Westco). While they have slightly different characteristics, they are all prone to the same problems.

If it is filled with electrolite, and most are these days, the battery should be placed on the shelf fully charged. If it is not placed into service in a short time (I use one week) after that, it is a very good idea to recharge the battery weekly or at least every two weeks for best performance.
A lead acid type battery hates to sit in a discharged state. There is little you can do to a battery than that. Problem is, a battery, even a very good one, will self-discharge on its own. The discharge rate depends on battery design and condition, with older batteries discharging faster and fresh, new ones discharging slower but, they will all do it.

If a battery is left alone for a month or more, its capacity and general condition will be affected a little and it will get worse each day.

We use fairly large gell-cell type, lead acid batteries to power some of our remote instrumention that sits along side the runway to run sensors and weather stations and such. If we don't recharge them very soon after use, the battery 'sulfates' and will not charge to full voltage and therefore will permanently have reduced capacity. If it sits for a few days to a week, its capacity is so affected that we usually have to replace it.

Needless to say, it is not a good idea to have a battery sit on the shelf too long. If you must, I suggest that it either be trickle charged on a regular basis or fitted with a small charger made to keep the battery at max capacity without cooking it slowly. Most low-cost trickle chargers are not designed to be attached for long periods.
4x4Maniac
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited (JKU) 3.8 Auto
Club VHF Licence: X120

Post by 4x4Maniac »

Ons vorige Merc C200 het sy oorapronklike battery in gehad vanaf 2002-2013 11 jaar, die elektriese fout op die kar was toe nie die battery nie, so kon dalk nog gehou het.
ORRA CALLSIGN X120
AKA Epsilon on 4x4Community
(2011 JKUR)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.8 Auto Unlimited

Rugged Ridge Front & Rear Bumpers
Rugged Ridge Light Guards
KC Spotlights
Previous:
2003 Toyota Hilux DC KZTE 3.0 4x4
2001 Toyota Hilux DC 2700i 4x4
sasafaris
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Durban
Vehicle: hilux 4x4 KZTE

Post by sasafaris »

I find the batteries generally outlast their warranty period by about 2 weeks :thumbdown: :(
I have just replaced one bought in June last year, and fortunately this time under warranty

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”