fica

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
african dust
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Seychelles + Montagu
Vehicle: '98 Hilux DC 4x4 22R LTD. Land cruiser FJ60, 1981, old and tough. Prado 150 vx v6.

fica

Post by african dust »

this question is for the off grid people in SA....
how the hell does one meet the fica requirements if you live on a farm and have no municipal accounts to show the banks ? no electricity bills or telephone accounts...
I tried using my annual tax but they say that proves ownership not residence. also tried affidavit but no luck.
any ideas ?
really do not enjoy the shadowy world of half truths and lies that this forces one to start playing.
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Re: fica

Post by Thabogrobler »

Jep,

I am that exact same spot!!

Tried to open a Capitec account today but my proof of adress is not good enough!!!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

Get a PO Box address in town, register your farm's name and postal address, have someone send you a bill to that address.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Frederick
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Hendrina Mpumalanga
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux. 2016 79 Land Cruiser
Club VHF Licence: X42

Post by Frederick »

Versigtig vir Capitech Thabo.....
african dust
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: '98 Hilux DC 4x4 22R LTD. Land cruiser FJ60, 1981, old and tough. Prado 150 vx v6.

Post by african dust »

Hoppy wrote:Get a PO Box address in town, register your farm's name and postal address, have someone send you a bill to that address.
the bank seems fixated on water and lights accounts.....they keep saying it over and over and over.
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Hoppy wrote:Get a PO Box address in town, register your farm's name and postal address, have someone send you a bill to that address.
Unless you are very small you cannot reside in a PO Box. They dont see that as proof of residence... :silent: :silent:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Frederick wrote:Versigtig vir Capitech Thabo.....
As daar iets wat ons moet weet.
also tried affidavit but no luck
Is the farm in your name or are you renting?
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
african dust
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by african dust »

george wrote:
farm in cc name but I am sole member of cc. tried to use my annual property rates documents but once again they say it only proves ownership not residence.
what makes me mad is all they do is make life tough for the honest joe... do they really think the crooks cannot bypass the system ! also if I had a telephone account or electricity account how can that be used as some divine proof that I live where the telephone is.....as obviously telephone or electricity accounts cannot be forged.... ja right !
this impacts on so many things....getting cars licensed, opening bank accounts etc etc etc
Quadmyster
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Alberton
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D-4D

Post by Quadmyster »

One thing that can work for sure is a Affidavit at your nearest police station where you put it in writing to say you live at a certain address and certified by a commissioner of oath.

Non of my stuff goes to house address and all to post box. So i went to the police did my affidavit and all was sorted and fica.
CraigC
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: White River
Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Hilux 2700i 4X4 D/C

Post by CraigC »

Matthieu,
Do you not have electricity at all? (Eskom or municipal)
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Matt ABSA also gave my wife a lot of hassle. At the end she said "cancel her account,Capitech will accept my papers" and ABSA quickly accepted the documentation she presented
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Frederick
Town: Hendrina Mpumalanga
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux. 2016 79 Land Cruiser
Club VHF Licence: X42

Post by Frederick »

george wrote:
PM gestuur: Wil nie die man se thread oorneem nie
african dust
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by african dust »

Quadmyster wrote:One thing that can work for sure is a Affidavit at your nearest police station where you put it in writing to say you live at a certain address and certified by a commissioner of oath.

Non of my stuff goes to house address and all to post box. So i went to the police did my affidavit and all was sorted and fica.
bank told me affidavits are no longer accepted......been there, tried that !
african dust
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by african dust »

CraigC wrote:Matthieu,
Do you not have electricity at all? (Eskom or municipal)
I am happy to say I am off the grid....all solar and fountain water and no phones ! in other words peace and quiet !
that is unless you try and open a bank account or get cars licensed etc.
african dust
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by african dust »

george wrote:Matt ABSA also gave my wife a lot of hassle. At the end she said "cancel her account,Capitech will accept my papers" and ABSA quickly accepted the documentation she presented

yes might come to that but the problem is I just think it is a silly rule that is devoid of any logic. Obviously my situation is the minority but the senselessness of it irritates me !
Cleaner
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4l V6 4x4 Auto
Club VHF Licence: X31

Post by Cleaner »

It seems to me that you are stuck at an official drone.

They are talking rubbish about a affidavit. Get to a manager or someone higher - The drones do not think and does not have logic.

Ask for not just their manager, cause all they are, are drones with tea time. Get to their managers manager. Once with someone that is not just earning their salary, explain the situation, and simply ask them, do they want your business or not.

Also mention the inheritance deposit you would like to make and keep safe in a bank, but is not able to cause of the bureaucracy bull excrement.

Hope you come right.
ImageImageImage
"Every loaf of bread is tragic story of grains that could've become beer, but didn't. - Walter Thornburgh"
"The best cure for Sea Sickness, is to sit under a tree. - Spike Milligan"
FJCruiser-ZN
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Durban
Vehicle: FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X224

Post by FJCruiser-ZN »

Original proof of residential address

You must have a South African residential address. We accept any of the following documents containing your full name and/or initials, surname and your complete residential address:

Emailed or posted to your residential address; less than 3 months old

•Rates and taxes (utilities) account
•Cellphone account (e.g. Cell C, MTN, Vodacom, etc.)
•Retail credit account (e.g. Edgars, Woolworths, etc. Over-the-counter accounts are not acceptable)
•Telkom account (or any other fixed-line provider account)

Posted to your residential address; less than 3 months old

Bank statement/ATM printout/Client profile (from a bank other than Capitec Bank or available over the counter with the bank’s official stamp. Must be an active account. It’s not necessary for the bank’s official stamp to be on the ATM printout)

Third-party account statement (e.g. doctor’s account, lawyer’s account, MultiChoice statement, etc. Over-the-counter statements are not acceptable)

Student registration letter from a tertiary institution
Body corporate/Share block correspondence

Posted to your residential address; less than 6 months old

Home loan statement from another bank (over-the-counter statements with the bank’s official stamp are acceptable)

Posted to your residential address; less than 12 months old

Motor vehicle licence document or renewal notification/Traffic fine
Insurance policy document
TV licence/card

Less than 12 months old

IRP5 certificate issued by your employer
Rental/Lease agreement (certified copies are acceptable)
SARS tax return, letter or any other official document issued by SARS on their letterhead

Less than 3 months old

Fica declaration form This form can be used if you are unable to provide any other type of proof of residential address listed here, and you live with someone who can provide proof (e.g. spouse, family, etc.). Get this form at any of our branches or our website. The declarer must complete this form, include a copy of their ID book and an original address verification document issued in the name of the declarer that matches the acceptable documents listed here.

Employer confirmation letter Can only be used if no other document is available. It must be on an official company letterhead with your full name, surname, ID number, confirmation of employment and residential address in accordance with your employer’s records, the date when this letter was issued, and must include the signature of your employer.

Councillor letter Can only be used if you’re employed and have no other document available. It must be on the municipality’s letterhead and must contain your full name, surname, ID number and residential address, the date when the letter was issued, an official stamp from the municipality, and the name and signature of the councillor who completed and certified the letter. An original salary slip less than 3 months old is needed to prove employment.

Tribal village/Traditional authority letter Can only be used if you’re employed and no other document is available. It must contain your full name and surname, the name of the designated official (tribal chief or leader), what legislation, ordinance or regulation authorises the designated official, confirmation by the designated official that you live on the communal property under control of the traditional authority, the date when the letter was issued, and the signature and stamp of the designated official. An original salary slip less than 3 months old is needed to prove employment.

If you don't own an FJ Cruiser you probably won't understand...
Until we meet on a dusty road someday, somewhere, keep on Cruisering....
2013 FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 4x4 AT
2012 Jurgen's Xcape
KOBUSL
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: WOLSELEY
Vehicle: '96 HILUX 2.8 HILUX DC 3i BMW 540 RANCHERO UTE 4 Li

Post by KOBUSL »

african dust wrote:this question is for the off grid people in SA....
how the hell does one meet the fica requirements if you live on a farm and have no municipal accounts to show the banks ? no electricity bills or telephone accounts...
I tried using my annual tax but they say that proves ownership not residence. also tried affidavit but no luck.
any ideas ?
really do not enjoy the shadowy world of half truths and lies that this forces one to start playing.

As jy probleme met die bank het, ek sal met graagte jou geld vir jou bere. Pm my vir my bankbesonderhede :lol: :lol:
Word te vinnig oud en te stadig wys.
african dust
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by african dust »

KOBUSL wrote:
any ideas ?

As jy probleme met die bank het, ek sal met graagte jou geld vir jou bere. Pm my vir my bankbesonderhede :lol: :lol:
:lmao: funny !
the issue is the system sucks.
african dust
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by african dust »

Legend35-ZN wrote:Original proof of residential address

You must have a South African residential address. We accept any of the following documents containing your full name and/or initials, surname and your complete residential address:

Emailed or posted to your residential address; less than 3 months old

•Rates and taxes (utilities) account... FARM SO NOT RATES AND TAXES TO FARM..SENT TO COMPANY ACCOUNTANT. FARM CC OWNED
•Cellphone account (e.g. Cell C, MTN, Vodacom, etc.) RICA IS ANOTHER PROBLEM BUT EITHERWAY GETS SENT TO POST BOX...NOT RESIDENTIAL
•Retail credit account (e.g. Edgars, Woolworths, etc. Over-the-counter accounts are not acceptable) POST BOX
•Telkom account (or any other fixed-line provider account) NO TELEPHONE SERVICES AVAILABLE IN AREA.

Posted to your residential address; less than 3 months old

Bank statement/ATM printout/Client profile (from a bank other than Capitec Bank or available over the counter with the bank’s official stamp. Must be an active account. It’s not necessary for the bank’s official stamp to be on the ATM printout) AND i GET A BANK ACCOUNT HOW ?
Third-party account statement (e.g. doctor’s account, lawyer’s account, MultiChoice statement, etc. Over-the-counter statements are not acceptable) ALL TO PO BOX
Student registration letter from a tertiary institution BIT OLD FOR THAT...
Body corporate/Share block correspondence .. NO HAVE

Posted to your residential address; less than 6 months old

Home loan statement from another bank (over-the-counter statements with the bank’s official stamp are acceptable)...DON'T HAVE

Posted to your residential address; less than 12 months old

Motor vehicle licence document or renewal notification/Traffic fine
Insurance policy document ALL TO POST BOX
TV licence/card DON'T HAVE

Less than 12 months old

IRP5 certificate issued by your employer. NOT EMPLOYED IN SA
Rental/Lease agreement (certified copies are acceptable) DON'T HAVE ANY
SARS tax return, letter or any other official document issued by SARS on their letterhead

Less than 3 months old.

Fica declaration form This form can be used if you are unable to provide any other type of proof of residential address listed here, and you live with someone who can provide proof (e.g. spouse, family, etc.). Get this form at any of our branches or our website. The declarer must complete this form, include a copy of their ID book and an original address verification document issued in the name of the declarer that matches the acceptable documents listed here.... WORTH A TRY, i WILL SPEAK TO THE BANK WHEN i GET THERE

Employer confirmation letter Can only be used if no other document is available. It must be on an official company letterhead with your full name, surname, ID number, confirmation of employment and residential address in accordance with your employer’s records, the date when this letter was issued, and must include the signature of your employer. NOT EMPLOYED IN SA
Councillor letter Can only be used if you’re employed and have no other document available. It must be on the municipality’s letterhead and must contain your full name, surname, ID number and residential address, the date when the letter was issued, an official stamp from the municipality, and the name and signature of the councillor who completed and certified the letter. An original salary slip less than 3 months old is needed to prove employment. WORTH A TRY THANKS.
Tribal village/Traditional authority letter Can only be used if you’re employed and no other document is available. It must contain your full name and surname, the name of the designated official (tribal chief or leader), what legislation, ordinance or regulation authorises the designated official, confirmation by the designated official that you live on the communal property under control of the traditional authority, the date when the letter was issued, and the signature and stamp of the designated official. An original salary slip less than 3 months old is needed to prove employment.
NOT SURE IF WHITE MIDDLE AGED IS A TRIBE ?

The real issue is why would a silly telephone account or any of the above be more important than a passport or id. Surely if I was a crook I would not wait for you at the address you have on some system. I know of people that are so called fica compliant and have not been to the house they used for over 10 years...but hey..they are fica compliant...so everybody is happy.

But maybe I do not have enough money to open doors or shout enough to make people jump. I will make a plan or simply not bring my money to SA. AS a SA citizen I thought it would be good to get some money in the system and spend it in SA. They make it tough if one is slightly off the norm.

thanks for the answers guys... appreciate the advice. No biggie I am sure I will find a way in the end.
lets get back to keeping the hiluxes running...at least they are something you can put your faith in long term !
Kobus I will send you my money soon...the chq is in the mail. ha ha
KOBUSL
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by KOBUSL »

african dust wrote:
KOBUSL wrote:
any ideas ?

:lmao: funny !
the issue is the system sucks.
So does my bank account. :lol:

The post office can maybe couple your living/post address.
What about a parking/speed fine ? Surely, that must come through the post. If you don't respond they will send the sheriff to deliver. Ask him where he found your living address, in writing. Let him then certify it. :?: :?:
african dust
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by african dust »

speeding fine in a '98 hilux double cab...not likely.
sheriff has not needed to come find me and hope to keep it that way... kinda of seems stupid that I need to try break the law to show that I am living somewhere....
anyway...the chq with all the money should get to you soon.
thanks for words of wisdom. will make a plan.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

What account do you have that is sent to your PO Box?

Maybe you can go to one of those places, ask them to change your address to your farm addres. Then ask them to print out your latest statement which will have the address on. Then maybe a week or so later go and change it back to the PO Box address.

Really silly this, had the same problem, suburb where we stay do not have street deliveries, so everything goes to PO Box.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

jip the system is anything but in touch with reality ....

my uncle stays on a farm in the North Cape ... SAME issues.

Reading Legends post it would appear a workable solution might be your doctor or lawyer - get them to print your farm address on your statements, then actually mail this to your PO Box address

FREDERICK - I am most interested in your comment on Capiteck. And reading Legends post it appears there is a lot more to it .... please share - this DO seem to be in line with this thread as others may well end up with these issues with Capitech ....
KOBUSL
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by KOBUSL »

african dust wrote:speeding fine in a '98 hilux double cab...not likely.
sheriff has not needed to come find me and hope to keep it that way... kinda of seems stupid that I need to try break the law to show that I am living somewhere....
anyway...the chq with all the money should get to you soon.
thanks for words of wisdom. will make a plan.
My tong is in my kies. Ek verstaan jou frustrasie. En probeer 'n rekening iewers oopmaak as jy nie skuld het nie. Byna almal beskou jou as 'n risiko en skurk as jy kontant probeer lewe.

Dankie vir die tjekkie. :lol: :lol:
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

With Standard Bank you can make an appointment to take them out to your residential address to verify it, if you have no other means of proof.
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
african dust
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by african dust »

thanks all for the words of wisdom. I will be in africa in August and will take up round two of the exercise. I am sure I will win in the end it all just depends on my patience and their level of bureaucratic idiocy !
it is tempting to take a clerk from std bank out on the 4X4 road to my place in the hilux in 4 low....just to see how soon he agrees to have satisfied himself that I do indeed live there... at least when in SA I do.

Return to “Open Discussion”