When life is getting too much...

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

When life is getting too much...

Post by CasKru »

If a friend comes to you and says that life is getting too much and they see no way out, what would your response be?

1 peter 5:6-7
To God be the glory
MOFASA
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1998 JEEP XJ 4.0............ 4 inch lift.... more mods to follow............ Old vehicle was MOFASA
Club VHF Licence: X119

Re: When live is getting too much...

Post by MOFASA »

Shew now that could be a tough one to answer....

Um you will be missed and may i have your wife..... :mocking:

No seriously it would be tough and i think I would just try listen....

A good saying is....

"Life will only ever give you what you as a person can handle, some of the challenges may be really trying and tough but NEVER more than you can handle...."
Live Life in the FAST lane....
Forget the past, Embrace the FUTURE!!!!
To 4x4 or not to 4x4 thats the question....
IT'S A JEEP :yahoo: ..... You wouldn't understand....
ImageImageImage[rimg=206x128]
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Re: When life is getting too much...

Post by kfxnando »

eish
have lost a friend that was like a brother where he did something terminal
its difficult without knowing all the circumstances

however one thing that I have learned is that as long as there us life there is hope
have had many tight spots in life, and when I look back we laugh and say we made it

depending on the exact circumstances again
sometimes find myself living beyond my means and then feel like in a tight space
however in my case, I plan that if things get bad, what all will I need to give up and what knocks I will need to take to survive
again as long as there is life there is hope and an option of surviving and getting out of the mess

if one has a tight standard of living then sometimes its a mater of adjusting
if one is rock bottom and things are still falling apart then it becomes more difficult to help and give hope, however many have survived it
then personality also plays a role, and if it involves sickness for one self or family, it further makes things more diff, again
as long as there is life there is hope and a solution can be found

hope this makes sense
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

honestly dont know what I would say .....
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Post by Thunder02 »

A tough one,the first good thing is that person is reaching out for help and not bottling it up,i think the only thing i could do is to listen and offer help were i can.

Deep one Cassie...
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

"A tough one,the first good thing is that person is reaching out for help and not bottling it up,i think the only thing i could do is to listen and offer help were i can".

I agree with this one. Be there for a friend & listen, which will be a great help to take the weight off his/her shoulders. See what the problem is & if it is that severe then seek professional assistance. Hope you get it sorted out.
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Thank you for the words, and they do make sense but even when listening and being there for the person, and the emotions are still there, what then? Found myself in this spot recently and trust me it is tight to be the listener - but I hope it turns out for the best. I too don't have the exact details.
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Post by Scorpion »

If a shoulder to cry on is not enough to help them out of their "hole", then I'm afraid serious intervention is the only way. This may sound harsh, but if anybody is seriously contemplating taking their own life, then they most certainly have a chemical imbalance.

The only way to help in such a situation (when a soft shoulder is not enough) is unfortunately psychiatric help. I would rather risk losing our friendship than risk losing the friend!
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)

Return to “Open Discussion”