Hilux sfa mud flap needed

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Janneman
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux 2.4 4x4 Dble

Hilux sfa mud flap needed

Post by Janneman »

Hi Guy's

I need a mud flap for my Hilux 98 dble cab - can anyone help ?
I also still need a cowling for my 22R engin......
MAGOEBA MAAK LEKKA TYE
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Hilux sfa mud flap needed

Post by Mud Dog »

Jean, try someone like Gemmini or One-Tonner-Spares, otherwise you might have to bend over at the stealers.

Read here as well ...... viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19381" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
zepplin
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Crooza VX 80 EFI
Club VHF Licence: HC 127

Post by zepplin »

Jean, you don't mention which mud flap you need. I have 1 x front right mud flap & 1x 22R cowling available - in Cape Town. Make a reasonable offer & a cry for help here might get a free ride to Pretioria for you.
Crooza VX 80 efi - fully locked.
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

http://www.autostyle.co.za/product/1755 ... peMudflaps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
To God be the glory
Johno
Town: Richards Bay
Vehicle: 1992 sfa d/cab

Post by Johno »

Hey Janneman, I got a set for around R350 from midas a few months ago. Good quality too
Best of luck
Johno
Janneman
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux 2.4 4x4 Dble

Post by Janneman »

Great , Tx Jo

I shall go and have a look ! :yahoo:
MAGOEBA MAAK LEKKA TYE
SWARTLUX
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Gauteng
Vehicle: '05 LEGEND 35 2.7 DC 4x4, Monroe Gas allround, Long range tank, UniQ Chip. Platkar '06 Polo 1.6 Comfortline hatchback

Post by SWARTLUX »

Why not go buy a piece of conveyor belt and cut your own?Mudflaps get lost quite often if you go offroading a lot ask my dad who has lost his front left one 3 times.Also what you ca do is if you get new mudflaps move them up the fender a bit about 10cm or so will prevent them from gettting stuck under the wheel :thumbup:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

SWARTLUX wrote:Why not go buy a piece of conveyor belt and cut your own?Mudflaps get lost quite often if you go offroading a lot ask my dad who has lost his front left one 3 times.Also what you ca do is if you get new mudflaps move them up the fender a bit about 10cm or so will prevent them from gettting stuck under the wheel :thumbup:
Not if you are reversing in rough terrain where a rock / hump / ledge or any other outcrop pushes it against the tyre ..... it will just rip out. If the flaps are too short they won't be effective and don't meet legal requirements, so it's a better option to put tie-backs on the flaps which prevent them fouling with the tyres.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9524" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
SWARTLUX
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Gauteng
Vehicle: '05 LEGEND 35 2.7 DC 4x4, Monroe Gas allround, Long range tank, UniQ Chip. Platkar '06 Polo 1.6 Comfortline hatchback

Post by SWARTLUX »

Mud Dog wrote:
SWARTLUX wrote:Why not go buy a piece of conveyor belt and cut your own?Mudflaps get lost quite often if you go offroading a lot ask my dad who has lost his front left one 3 times.Also what you ca do is if you get new mudflaps move them up the fender a bit about 10cm or so will prevent them from gettting stuck under the wheel :thumbup:
Not if you are reversing in rough terrain where a rock / hump / ledge or any other outcrop pushes it against the tyre ..... it will just rip out. If the flaps are too short they won't be effective and don't meet legal requirements, so it's a better option to put tie-backs on the flaps which prevent them fouling with the tyres.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9524" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

;-)
That can also work quite nice :thumbup:
MOFASA
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1998 JEEP XJ 4.0............ 4 inch lift.... more mods to follow............ Old vehicle was MOFASA
Club VHF Licence: X119

Post by MOFASA »

Mud Dog wrote: Not if you are reversing in rough terrain where a rock / hump / ledge or any other outcrop pushes it against the tyre ..... it will just rip out. If the flaps are too short they won't be effective and don't meet legal requirements, so it's a better option to put tie-backs on the flaps which prevent them fouling with the tyres.

There are legal requirements for mud flaps????? SINCE WHEN???? :o:
Tell that to 80% of the bakkies you see driving around.......

I was thinking of taking mine ovv and making new ones soon............
Live Life in the FAST lane....
Forget the past, Embrace the FUTURE!!!!
To 4x4 or not to 4x4 thats the question....
IT'S A JEEP :yahoo: ..... You wouldn't understand....
ImageImageImage[rimg=206x128]
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2011 Raider 4x4 Double cab 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC137

Post by Hilux 1 »

does the legal thing apply for front and back?
I will post some pics of my effort on back ones. but i have none at the front. the took it off when the fitted my "rock sliders".
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2011 Raider 4x4 Double cab 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC137

Post by Hilux 1 »

Hier is my design(glad nie opskaal nie). as jy meer tegnies aangele is sal dit seker beter uitkom ook, maar vir my lyk dit nie te sleg op my bakkie nie.

Hoop dit help, kan nie dink daar is groot verskil tussen 1998 en 2000 modelle nie.
Attachments
Parow-20120508-00583 (Medium).jpg
IMG-20120326-00475 (Medium).jpg
IMG-20120326-00474 (Medium).jpg

Return to “The Workshop”