Seriously a fine in the cederberg?

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Seriously a fine in the cederberg?

Post by GI Jane »

Now I've seen it all. I get an sms on my cell to tell me I have an outstanding fine, no further information other than to go to a website, that gives me no further information anyway.... Let me think this one through. A fully loaded Hilux 2.4 pulling a fully loaded 4x4 trailer, can't possibly have been speeding, so now I have to pay to receive a photo. Do I have to take this one seriously? Must I await some further information? This has me got me stymied :shock: :shock: :shock:
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: Seriously a fine in the cederberg?

Post by CasKru »

vald wrote:Now I've seen it all. I get an sms on my cell to tell me I have an outstanding fine, no further information other than to go to a website, that gives me no further information anyway.... Let me think this one through. A fully loaded Hilux 2.4 pulling a fully loaded 4x4 trailer, can't possibly have been speeding, so now I have to pay to receive a photo. Do I have to take this one seriously? Must I await some further information? This has me got me stymied :shock: :shock: :shock:
Ignoreer dit flat.
To God be the glory
Sebata
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cosmo City
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds
Club VHF Licence: X125

Post by Sebata »

hi Val,

i seriously think there is something wrong with westen cape traffic department, just week my sister in law, whom has never owend a car & stay in Benoni, got a speeding fine with all her details correct including ID :aggresive: , took down the registration on the fine, gave them to my brother who is with vaal rand dog unit to check it up, :disgust: only to find that the car belongs to Budget car rental :boredom: how in this world did they match her details to that car :shock2: :shock2:
Tau Sello
Sebata, Lion enjoys hunting with Hynas...
theos
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Randburg
Vehicle: 2014 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D-4D DC

Post by theos »

Hulle mag jou nie laat betaal vir die foto nie. :yahoo:
PM my jou email adress en ek stuur vir jou meer inligting.
Never Ever say DIE !!!!
Sebata
Town: Cosmo City
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds
Club VHF Licence: X125

Post by Sebata »

theos wrote:Hulle mag jou nie laat betaal vir die foto nie. :yahoo:
PM my jou email adress en ek stuur vir jou meer inligting.

PM sent
Tau Sello
Sebata, Lion enjoys hunting with Hynas...
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Sounds like a scam to me. Someone is looking to make a few extra bucks for pocket money. Register an log on to http://www.viewfines.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .... you can verify if the fine even exists. If it does, it's not legally submitted ... has to be sent per registered mail or handed to you personally by a law enforcement official or messenger of the court.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
jagermeister
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Postmasburg Kalahari
Vehicle: 2012 Hilux D4D D/Cab 4x4 XGS Full suspension Long range tank Onca Front and Rear Bumpers 12000 Winch Roof Rack Light Bars Snorkel Rock Sliders
Club VHF Licence: X 90

Post by jagermeister »

:laugh2: :laugh2: hulle is mal man :laugh2: :laugh2:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

Also got an sms recently with a number to phone; went on hold immediately. Ignoring it as well :problem:

Lately the traffic dept sends it to the post office and send you a notification to collect. A collegue found it out by accident...he was told that it is assumed that he got the notification to collect, whether the actual letter was collected or not. :crazy: refused to give him his 50% discount.
IndianaJones7746
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Citrusdal
Vehicle: 84 SFA Hilux

Post by IndianaJones7746 »

Curious....
How do you know it was taken in the Cederberg?
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.

Post by GI Jane »

The text says :"Cederberg Traffic Department records show outstanding fines against (my name, ID number)", then there is a website and phone number to contact, then "To view offense vehicle photo, SMS PHOTO to 38611. Costs R5/sms" Anyway will be watching this one closely..... Have been given some great info, to check it out.....
Bulletjie-3
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux Raider SFA met 7M-GE engine

Post by Bulletjie-3 »

Hmmm dit verklaar die hoe brandstofverbruik lol
cheetah
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 1994 Hilux d/c 2.2

Post by cheetah »

Vald, ignore wait till they send you a notice. :reading:
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Post by Scorpion »

More than half of all issued fines are defective and can't be enforced. They provide you with an "incentive" to pay by providing 50% discount if paid in a certain time, but make sure the fine complies with the requirements before simply handing over your hardearned money. I had over R20,000 worth of fines on my company cars withdrawn in the last 8 months due to defective fines... :shock2:
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Okay so got the fine in the post, including picture. Nice picture of the Hilux and trailer...... (wonder what camera's they use) Says we were doing 95km/h in an 80 zone. Looks like we were going uphill, as well. ... maybe it does explain the high petrol consumption. Sjoe..... thought my speeding days were over...
Petou
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Fortuner 4.0 V6

Post by Petou »

Val

The location of the camara was probably in the area just before the petrol fillingstation and motel on the Clanwilliam dam.That area is 80km/h and a popular spot in both ways for them to play hide and seek in.
Snorkel,chip,burnco front bumper
IndianaJones7746
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Citrusdal
Vehicle: 84 SFA Hilux

Post by IndianaJones7746 »

Another spot is at the Kweekkraal primary school about 20km from Citrusdal towards Clanwilliam.
But Cederberg Municipality Traffic Department covers Citrusdal, Clanwilliam, Graafwater and Lambert's Bay, which could make it lots of places.
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

in those areas I slow down and then use the cruise control, to make sure I stick to the speed limit (GPS speed)

to the great dismay of the rest of SA that wants to speed in the areas we KNOW are cameras ....

PS - only reason I do this is because slowing down does not work (for me) ... within a minute I am over the speed limit again .... got tired of donating to their christmas fund ....
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Yes it was kweekraal. We were stuck behind a very, very slow truck all the way through that road construction from Piketberg, limited to about 10 km/hour, I think I eventually had an opportunity to get passed him just after the Citrusdal turn off at the end of the construction, and that's possibly the area I got nailed. Cruise control, thats what the Hilux lacks.... hmmm, have to think about that one... actually thought the trailer would be a good enough brake.
RooiLux
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria-Mayville
Vehicle: 1992 2.2-EFI Hilux 4x4 with Maus conversion,freeflow,Rear Electric Locker'2005 BMW 320i, 2015 Hilux 3d4d dc 4x4

Post by RooiLux »

Scorpion wrote:More than half of all issued fines are defective and can't be enforced. They provide you with an "incentive" to pay by providing 50% discount if paid in a certain time, but make sure the fine complies with the requirements before simply handing over your hardearned money. I had over R20,000 worth of fines on my company cars withdrawn in the last 8 months due to defective fines... :shock2:
Johann,

Het jy nie dalk vir my 'n guideline of website adress waar ek ka nkyk of my fine geldig is volgens alle aspekte nie?
Ek het nou 'n fine gekry waar ek blykbaar 167km/h in 'n 120 zone gedoen het maar ek twyfel of ek teen daai spoed getravel het?

Sal wardeer as jy my enige info kan gee.
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Scorpion »

Scan jou fine en PM hom vir my, Dan kyk ek vir jou. Maar vir nou het jy niks om oor te worry tot die Balju 'n dagvaarding op jou beteken het nie.
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Scorpion »

P.S. Moenie te sleg voel nie! Een van my kliënte het die week ook so kenisgewing ontvang... 202km/h in 'n 120 zone!! :shock2:
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
RooiLux
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria-Mayville
Vehicle: 1992 2.2-EFI Hilux 4x4 with Maus conversion,freeflow,Rear Electric Locker'2005 BMW 320i, 2015 Hilux 3d4d dc 4x4

Post by RooiLux »

Scorpion wrote:Scan jou fine en PM hom vir my, Dan kyk ek vir jou. Maar vir nou het jy niks om oor te worry tot die Balju 'n dagvaarding op jou beteken het nie.
Sal so maak

Return to “Open Discussion”