Increase of Insurance value on my SFA

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Maddoglips
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: P.E.
Vehicle: Raider 2.2 4x4; Mikem 50mm raised suspension, long range tank, Monroe gasses all round.

Increase of Insurance value on my SFA

Post by Maddoglips »

Ok here's what I've just heard from my insurance ragarding Big Red which is Brilliant.

Since her redo, I feel her value has climbed significantly, so Now I wanna increase the insured amount.

Spoke to my insurance and this is all I have to do to ensure I get paid my value.

1. Take pics of all mechanical extra's, ie: rims, tyres, suspension ect even the safari snorkel
2. Get a signed affidaved from the coppers.
3. Send these to them and walla, covered at my new amount.

Man I love my insurance, no vehicle checks ect.... How easy is this.

As a precautionary measure, I'm going to get official market related quotes for the items like tyres, rims ect.. and send it along aswell.

Also, to cover the camping items, I just have to state the value in total and that's it, covered for all eventualities.

Sorry if this is useless info, but just gotta share it cause I can :yahoo:
It's better to Burn Out then Fade Away.
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: Increase of Insurance value on my SFA

Post by CasKru »

Who are you insured with? Seems like excellent service
To God be the glory
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Thank for sharing Zane, it's not useless. Maybe unuseful - :lmao:

But on a serious note, heard on the radio news this morning that they are trying to get rid of the fine print in insurance contracts, for eg. Carprehensive, because they are misleading to the public as you would assume your car is insured comprehensively, meantime not. This is apparently in line with the new Consumer Act. I think that's what I heard but stand corrected.

Regards.
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Maddoglips
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: P.E.
Vehicle: Raider 2.2 4x4; Mikem 50mm raised suspension, long range tank, Monroe gasses all round.

Post by Maddoglips »

Cassie

Service is brilliant from these guys, we've been with them for years now and so has all the family.

Groch and Associates - 041 581 11820

They may not be the cheapest, not far off though, but the service like said is defi worth the extra monies, specially when it comes to a claim.

They probs have branches all over but otherwise, I can't see why the couldn't do all from there PE offices.
It's better to Burn Out then Fade Away.
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Shot... thanks Zane
To God be the glory
Gunta
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Post by Gunta »

Cross country 4x4 insurance do the same thing. Mine is insured for R149 000 with all my extras. I pay around R550 and I'm insured all the way to Congo.
Worry about the things you can do something about, If you can't don't worry.
Live life to the fullest with no regrets.
krazy_kameleon
Town: Fourways
Vehicle: 1993 Hilux D/C 4X4 2.4 22R (fuel injection in the pipeline)

Post by krazy_kameleon »

Donkey wrote:Thank for sharing Zane, it's not useless. Maybe unuseful - :lmao:

But on a serious note, heard on the radio news this morning that they are trying to get rid of the fine print in insurance contracts, for eg. Carprehensive, because they are misleading to the public as you would assume your car is insured comprehensively, meantime not. This is apparently in line with the new Consumer Act. I think that's what I heard but stand corrected.

Regards.
Insurance companies and banks fall outside of the CPA as they are coverned by their own regulations through FAIS and NCA etc

but the purpose of FAIS is to have plain understandable contracts and fair treatment etc anyway so it is definately a step in the right direction
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Good to know Zane & Mark! :thumbup:

.... and for a bit of irony, the banner ad at the bottom of the page at the time of reading this was for "Outsurance"! :D:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”