Toyota people are not all so friendly

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Ou vale1
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Heidelberg
Vehicle: Hilux 2.5 D4D

Re: Toyota people are not all so friendly

Post by Ou vale1 »

Gary, had the same when I bought ou Vale, the notch where the crank fits in is offset and totally impossible to get that bloody thing connected above that extra fueltank. Also cut the chain and built a rear sparewheel carrier to ease things up.
kfxnando
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

Gary sure that must be the exception!!
just look at the people on this forum!!

try this one!!

find a lot of BT50 drivers wintgat!! not sure why!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Gary... I hear you but.... how did they get the spare up there in the first place. They must have used the same mechanism to wind it up. Mine was extremely difficult to use and to loosen but after a half a can of Q20 all was fine again
To God be the glory
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Predator wrote:Yeah I hear you toooo, anyway, it is done, now to sell the big super digger tyre, its new any offers ha ha.

I will mount my shooting chair on that tyre for a stand, then its not in my way on a hunt laying in the back! and is ready when I get a puncture :lol:

Cool plan, Engels man het n plan en weet hy sal werk :thumbup:
Just by the way... you didn't wear your Halloween mask when you asked him this? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Maybe he thought that it could be a trap and that as soon as he unlocks the Hilux he gets hi-jacked or something like that or as you say he was jut being an......
To God be the glory
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

I wonder if that tank moved ever so slightly.

As Cassie points out they did manage to hoist up the tire after fitting the tank .....

But yes, owning a brand does not make a person "friendly or not".

PS - I once bought a set of tires, paid got onto the ramp ...... and could not find the darned splined socket for the lock nut ....... unpacked the whole vehicle, just could not find it. But since I serviced the vehicle a few weeks before I thought it is just possible that I left the socket on the bench ..... went home without my paid for tires and started searching ........ many hours later I found the socket IN the bakkie !! It fell out of the tool bag and rolled under the jack.
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

ChrisF wrote:I wonder if that tank moved ever so slightly.

As Cassie points out they did manage to hoist up the tire after fitting the tank .....

PS - I once bought a set of tires, paid got onto the ramp ...... and could not find the darned splined socket for the lock nut ....... unpacked the whole vehicle, just could not find it. But since I serviced the vehicle a few weeks before I thought it is just possible that I left the socket on the bench ..... went home without my paid for tires and started searching ........ many hours later I found the socket IN the bakkie !! It fell out of the tool bag and rolled under the jack.
Is that now a Jack of all trades or did the jack know shi......? :twisted:
To God be the glory
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Predator wrote:He stood with me outside the shop next to both luxes, he could see I was genuine, shame, clearly he has issues, I wish him well, may his business boom I wish him great success.
That changes the scenario totally. Ja nee kyk... driving a Hilux does not make you a good guy. The same applies to being a South African, some are here only to enrich themselves no matter what :evil:
To God be the glory
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

CasKru wrote:
ChrisF wrote:I wonder if that tank moved ever so slightly.

Is that now a Jack of all trades or did the jack know shi......? :twisted:
Actually a scissor jack, nice for hiding little round objects ..... :tease:
Rebel 4x4
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2020 Toyota Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

CasKru wrote:
Predator wrote:Yeah I hear you toooo, anyway, it is done, now to sell the big super digger tyre, its new any offers ha ha.

I will mount my shooting chair on that tyre for a stand, then its not in my way on a hunt laying in the back! and is ready when I get a puncture :lol:

Cool plan, Engels man het n plan en weet hy sal werk :thumbup:
Just by the way... you didn't wear your Halloween mask when you asked him this? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Maybe he thought that it could be a trap and that as soon as he unlocks the Hilux he gets hi-jacked or something like that or as you say he was jut being an......
He probably saw some of Predators posts on the forum :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Sent from my iPhone
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Post by Traveler »

being friendly and obliging is a choice. I am sure there might be some really nice LR drivers in the world as well.

Know what you don't know.
Maverick131
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D4D

Post by Maverick131 »

Gary,

Luckilly you met him once. He has to live with himself being a douche everyday...
Life can be a tough journey - So drive a Hilux!
Tonto
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Paarl
Vehicle: 96 Hilux 2.4 efi DC SFA, Gomad canopy,

Post by Tonto »

You guys are missing the point!
The rude guy is obviously not a Hilux driver, as he was busy working one someone elses.
He was probably envious. :sick:
krazy_kameleon
Town: Fourways
Vehicle: 1993 Hilux D/C 4X4 2.4 22R (fuel injection in the pipeline)

Post by krazy_kameleon »

Exactly Andre!

as he said, he was fitting an amp - If my lux is anything to go by, that had better be a BIG amp to hear the radio over all the road noise

I had an interesting encounter with a fellow Lux driver the otherday.

I was driving through Kyasands when I saw this neat Blue Lux on NC plates outside a panel beater. It was fitted with the chrome grill like I was looking for but no one seemed to know what I meant when I was asking. So I though that I had better stop, as being on outside plates I probably wouldn't find it again. I jumped out my lux and lifted my cell up to take a picture...
a few secounds latter this Ou comes running out the panel beater in a frantic panic!
I think he thought I was trying to steal it or something. anyway after he calmed down and I had explained what I was doing, I told him about the Hilux Club and this forum and told him he must join.
Poor chap, he had just bought it, it is fitted with a camry engine. below is the pic I took...
SNC00289.jpg
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Seems like Whipboy got his Hilux sold at last...

viewtopic.php?f=118&t=14032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Rebel 4x4
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2020 Toyota Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

Predator wrote:He actually fits batteries at a battery centre place. he was just making excuses, he was so rude and all I asked was to see the rod behind the seat to compare against mine as maybe mine is wrong.

Hey, Rebel you not like my posts? dont see the connection to this thread, whats with the dig? maybe I also must grab attitude :yahoo:

Its a pity a person can be so bad news, funny thing was I actually planned going to go battery shopping soon for a spare when I go away, but I will not do my shopping at his place, and to think this is a guy who deals with customers one on one everyday, makes you think.
I LOVE your treads....... enjoy reading it while sipping my hot chocolate in the evening..... :mocking:
Sent from my iPhone
trooper4x4
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Oudtshoorn
Vehicle: Hilux

Post by trooper4x4 »

Tsk tsk tsk ... so true ...
In this day and age you simply CANNOT afford to lose even one potential customer , let alone acting like this ppol.
Anyway , back to the spare wheel issue . I think i must sommer nou go and lower the spare , clean and check it , and ghries sommer the whole thing lekker.
mushroom
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: krugersdorp
Vehicle: '16 Legend 45 DC 4x4M

Post by mushroom »

Ja, good idea Trooper...me too
Q20 if its stuck, duct tape if it moves :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”