Letter to Heaven

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Petrusd
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 1997 2.4 Hilux DC 4x4 / Yamaha Motorfiets

Letter to Heaven

Post by Petrusd »

This is one of the kindest things you may ever see..

It is not known who replied, but there is a beautiful soul working in the dead letter office of the US postal service.

Abbey.jpg
Our 14 year old dog, Abbey, died last month. The day after she died, my 4 year old daughter Meredith was crying and talking about how much she missed Abbey.. She asked if we could write a letter to God so that when Abbey got to heaven, God would recognize her. I told her that I thought we could so she dictated these words:

Dear God,
Will you please take care of my dog? She died yesterday and is with you in heaven. I miss her very much. I am happy that you let me have her as my dog even though she got sick.
I hope you will play with her.. She likes to play with balls and to swim. I am sending a picture of her so when you see her You will know that she is my dog. I really miss her.
Love, Meredith

We put the letter in an envelope with a picture of Abbey and Meredith and addressed it to God/Heaven. We put our return address on it.. Then Meredith pasted several stamps on the front of the envelope because she said it would take lots of stamps to get the letter all the way to heaven. That afternoon she dropped it into the letter box at the post office. A few days later, she asked if God had gotten the letter yet. I told her that I thought He had.

Yesterday, there was a package wrapped in gold paper on our front porch addressed, 'To Meredith' in an unfamiliar hand.. Meredith opened it. Inside was a book by Mr. Rogers called, 'When a Pet Dies..' Taped to the inside front cover was the letter we had written to God in its opened envelope. On the opposite page was the picture of Abbey &Meredith and this note:

Dear Meredith,
Abbey arrived safely in heaven.
Having the picture was a big help. I recognized Abbey right away.
Abbey isn't sick anymore. Her spirit is here with me just like it stays in your heart. Abbey loved being your dog. Since we don't need our bodies in heaven, I don't have any pockets to keep your picture in, so I am sending it back to you in this little book for you to keep and have something to remember Abbey by..
Thank you for the beautiful letter and thank your mother for helping you write it and sending it to me. What a wonderful mother you have. I picked her especially for you.
I send my blessings every day and remember that I love you very much.
By the way, I'm easy to find, I am wherever there is love.

Love,
God

Happiness keeps you Sweet,
Trials keep you Strong,
Sorrows keep you Human,
Failures keep you Humble,
Success keeps you Glowing ,
But Only Friends Keep You Going!
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Re: Letter to Heaven

Post by ChrisF »

nee man, wil nou hê ek moet sit en tjank by die werk ...
Petrusd
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 1997 2.4 Hilux DC 4x4 / Yamaha Motorfiets

Post by Petrusd »

Dit is maar `n trane trekker

As `n mens die "storie" lees en dis nie nodig om jou oë vinnig te knip nie, is jy maar redelik harde kwas.
Maddoglips
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: P.E.
Vehicle: Raider 2.2 4x4; Mikem 50mm raised suspension, long range tank, Monroe gasses all round.

Post by Maddoglips »

:thumbup: Glad I'm not the only 1 who thaught it was a tear jerker.
It's better to Burn Out then Fade Away.
Piesang
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Grabouw
Vehicle: '99 Hilux SRX d/c 4x4

Post by Piesang »

As ons maar net die geloof gehad het van 'n kind. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

"Onderwerp julle dan aan God; weerstaan die duiwel, en hy sal van julle wegvlug." Jak 4:7
cheetah
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 1994 Hilux d/c 2.2

Post by cheetah »

:cry: :cry: This words is so true and with tears in my eyes, how happy that little girl is, righ now :roll:
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

Piesang wrote:As ons maar net die geloof gehad het van 'n kind. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ja Pieter ek is met jou op daai ene... Dit bly maar 'n mooi brief wat mens diep laat dink met trane ini oë....
Johan Marais

Return to “Open Discussion”