NooB Question regarding my clutch

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Botswana Bob
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Gaborone
Vehicle: '06 Hilux D4D 3.0D 4X4 D/C

NooB Question regarding my clutch

Post by Botswana Bob »

Hi All

Just to put things in perspective here, I an not very mechanically minded and I just got my Hilux last week :oops: :oops:

06 D4D 3.0 4X4 - got about 130K on the clock and a full service history from the agents

I have a question here regarding my clutch,

The clutch takes right at the bottom... I mean really low. Is this normal or is it something I need to check out.

Maybe it will take take some getting used to, but I find myself struggling to get it into gear sometimes.

Could this be a potential problem or can i just get it set to take a little higher up?
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: NooB Question regarding my clutch

Post by CasKru »

Unfortunately I do not know the newer models but AFAIK all clutch pedals is adjustable. Look under the dashboard of you bakkie at the back of the clutch pedal, there should be some kind of bracket connected to the pedal which in turn is most probably connected to a threaded shaft. You should be able to disconnect the bracket by removing some pin and turn the bracket to adjust the take position on of the clutch. Hope this helps.
To God be the glory
Botswana Bob
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Gaborone
Vehicle: '06 Hilux D4D 3.0D 4X4 D/C

Post by Botswana Bob »

Great tks CasKru :thumbup: :thumbup:

will try it this week-end... but please stay on line in case i use my verimark tool-box (i called early and got the handy carry case :oops: ) and i accidently take out the gearbox hehehehe
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

It could also be that the clutch / pressure plate were replaced with a slightly 'fatter' clutch. As long as you don't have a problem engaging gears, I wouldn't worry too much about it. :wink:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “The Workshop”