Impi RTT

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Ebersohn
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux DC, 1994 Cruiser 80VX, 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1975 Landy Shorty

Impi RTT

Post by Ebersohn »

Goeiedag mense,
Ek be-oog om 'n Impi RTT op my DC Vigo te sit. Dis 'n laaang tent. Ek het n dakrak op 'n alu canopy. Waar sal ek die tent installeer? Op die canopy of oor die cab???
WESKUSKLONG
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: St Helena bay
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE with ARB front locker/Safari Snorkel / 33x12.5x15 tyres / Long range tank / Battery system / Thomas compressor/ 2Engel fridge freezers/Cruise Control.

Re: Impi RTT

Post by WESKUSKLONG »

Op die canopy dit maak dit beter om in die tent te klim want die sy in gange is bietjie knap maar net my 2c
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

Piet you can also put it on the cab and have the ladder fit on a bracket on the bumper, so you get in from the front...
This way you can still move the vehicle without folding the RTT up...
Unless you have a RTT on the canopy with the ladder supported on the ground...
Are you keeping the RTT on the canopy?
Difficult to give you advice if we do not know how your set-up works...
Post pictures of what you have & what you want to put up, then I guess you will get lots of advice...
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Haboob wrote:Piet you can also put it on the cab and have the ladder fit on a bracket on the bumper, so you get in from the front...
This way you can still move the vehicle without folding the RTT up...
Unless you have a RTT on the canopy with the ladder supported on the ground...
Are you keeping the RTT on the canopy?
Difficult to give you advice if we do not know how your set-up works...
Post pictures of what you have & what you want to put up, then I guess you will get lots of advice...
different brand - getting in from the back meant that the ladder had to removed each time you wanted access to the back of the bakkie .....

thus the front entrance makes a lot of sense.
Ebersohn
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux DC, 1994 Cruiser 80VX, 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1975 Landy Shorty

Post by Ebersohn »

Ok, make sense. Is it possible to mount it over the cab, opening to the back, unto the roof rack, with the ladder up the side of the roof rack? It might have a big afdakkie over the windscreen! ;-)
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

afdakkie over the windscreen ....

uhm ja ....

look at some of the photos of ELDERS, our bakkie.

that afdakkie is MAGIC for keeping the low sun of your legs !!!!

Cab stays much cooler !!

and it also BLOCKS the GPS .... my gps now only just works when mounted hard against the A-pillar. The Eagle-eye motion camera's gps cant function, thus I could just as well have bought a much cheaper motion only dash cam for the bakkie .....

one other thing to consider - the wind coming over the windscreen now hits the afdakkie, then bounces off mounting brackets .... and we now have some wind noise inside the cab.

all things considered - we LOVE that afdakkie.

Return to “Open Discussion”