Flashing Diff Lock Warning Light

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Opsmedic
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2001 Hilux KZ TE 4x4 D/C and Suzuki SJ413
Club VHF Licence: HC 308

Flashing Diff Lock Warning Light

Post by Opsmedic »

Hi All
While travelling from Mthatha today with my work bakkie a V6 Vigo the Diff Lock light kept flashing (green). When I stop and switch off it goes away but after driving a while it starts again. I did not go off road and the Diff Lock switch is in the disengaged position. I did some tight turns on loose gravel but it does not seem like the Diff Lock is engaged. Anyone experienced this before?
Thanks
Dave
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Flashing Diff Lock Warning Light

Post by Mud Dog »

How is the Vigo's locker actuated? Vacuum? Electric?
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Post by Mars »

Hy is elektries. As die liggie flits beteken dit die knoppie is gedruk maar die ewenasr slot het nog nie gesluit nie. Dit is nou as daar nie 'n fout is nie. Ek vermoed daar is iets fout met die skakelaar of hy kry 'n kortsluiting by die drade onder op die diff wat hom aanskakel.

David. I would unplug the switch from the harness to see if the light still continues coming on. If it does you must have an issue with the wiring causing a short closing the circuit which engages the difflock. Chech the conition of the plugs and the wires on the diff while you are at it.
Opsmedic
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2001 Hilux KZ TE 4x4 D/C and Suzuki SJ413
Club VHF Licence: HC 308

Post by Opsmedic »

Dankie Marnus ek gaan dit probeer

Return to “The Workshop”