Tracker

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Tracker

Post by Donkey »

I'm a bit peeved off by Tracker, I have been with them since my first car early 2000 and to date have three units with them. Now I need a new unit for a new car (4th one) and they are quoting me R199/month for a basic Track and Retrieve unit. When I give my account details to show I have been a member with them and how about a discount, even R10 off would have made me happy, but instead a big NO was their answer.

And so I asked the consultant if really are you really going to loose a deal because you won't give a discount? :shock2: :shock2: :shock2: She didn't seem bothered.

What made me worse was a different consultant calling me within 10 mins, offering me the same :shock2:

Am I being unrealistic?

What other brands can one look into?
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Toppie4x4
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 DC 4x4

Re: Tracker

Post by Toppie4x4 »

Ek het my trackers/matrix/c track gekanselleer...............dit is net n geldmaak storie saam met die versekeringsmaatskappye...........help dit rerig. hulle het Woensdag my swaer se buurman se hilux in Montana gesteel met tracker en al. nog steeds weg?? :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear

Post by Donkey »

That could be the case yes, I still think my first truck stolen was an inside job, but nonetheless it does give those chances that the vehicle may be recovered.
Tumelo Maketekete
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

ImageImage
Obelix and Dogmatix
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: ROODEPOORT
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

Post by Obelix and Dogmatix »

Way back when my Audi was recovered within 30 minutes of it being stolen, should have called netstar first then the police then i might have gotten my stuff back!!!!! (ARMED ROBBERY)
Rules are there to make you think before you break them!!!
God made man before
woman so as to give him time
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
Obelix and Dogmatix
Town: ROODEPOORT
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

Post by Obelix and Dogmatix »

Also have a look at what discount your insurance company gives you if you install a tracking device, if it does not cover your tracking subscription fees why bother?? :thumbdown:
Rules are there to make you think before you break them!!!
God made man before
woman so as to give him time
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Obelix and Dogmatix wrote:Way back when my Audi was recovered within 30 minutes of it being stolen, should have called netstar first then the police then i might have gotten my stuff back!!!!! (ARMED ROBBERY)
My only issue with Netstar units, is that they generally last about two years with their battery, when it does go flat, it then runs down the main car battery. Not sure if they have improved over time.
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

Obelix and Dogmatix wrote:Also have a look at what discount your insurance company gives you if you install a tracking device, if it does not cover your tracking subscription fees why bother?? :thumbdown:
I'm considering all options, but like the option of paying for the tracker off my account, that way it's easy to change insurance companies when needed, and not be bound by the tracking contract also.
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Post by Thunder02 »

Donkey, check with your insurance, ours was installed for free and no monthly payments, part of discovery's package.
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Donkey »

:thumbup:
Tumelo Maketekete

ImageImage
Oupa Stig
Town: Johannesbug
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE 4X2 "Stagger Lee", Hilux IFS 2.7 4x4 "Loretta"

Post by Oupa Stig »

Had Tracker in the KZ since new, even updated the unit free to new type which switches itself off when you start car, very nice, but what with yearly increases the darn thing eventually cost me close on R500 per month!
Went over to tracker, cheaper, but have to remember to switch the thing off every time, and the remote struggles to find the receiver, so I spend a few minutes every morning trying to switch the xyz thing off.
Big pain in the backside.
I feel a lot less wise at 45 than I did at 15.
Vlak vark
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Phalaborwa
Vehicle: 1995 hilux D/c 4x4 Legend 25 Kzt with top mounted intercooler. long range tank. hankook dynapro duel battery system

Post by Vlak vark »

who watched carte blance Sunday night. all they do is carry a jammer with them and then the tracker is useless. they can't pick up your tracker signal. thieves are always one step ahead.
One life, one dream, one toyota
Toppie4x4
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 DC 4x4

Post by Toppie4x4 »

exactly the reason why I do not have a tracking device anymore its worthless :disgust:
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Mr T just move down to the COAST ... here crime is so low we have not even heard of trackers .... :)
Sebata
Town: Cosmo City
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds
Club VHF Licence: X125

Post by Sebata »

i have personally sworn on my wife's grave that i will never do business with Tracker, their customer service sucks, their units are worthless in my book, ive since moved all my cars to netstar, what i like about them, once im in a high risk area for more than usual, the call me to check if im OK & if im in possession of my car :thumbup:
Tau Sello
Sebata, Lion enjoys hunting with Hynas...
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Also have a Netstar unit - the new ones have overcome the battery problem, they're cheaper than Tracker, they have their own recovery teams whereas Tracker rely on SAPS (big negative factor).

The bit about jamming the signal is real unfortunately, but that applies to all such services.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
kfxnando
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

Thunder02 wrote:Donkey, check with your insurance, ours was installed for free and no monthly payments, part of discovery's package.

We have just done the same move
Wife works for a big insurance company (previous posts will reveal witch one)
and we have also moved to discovery
about the same money, however so much more
trackers, fuel reward, no acesso on hail damage
and in case of accident tracker alerts the operator immediately and one gets gets assistance

As has been mentioned
the pros have jammer witch renders traders useless in any case
and those jamming units were available over the counter at some flea markets

so best to go for the best value for money

:cooldude:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4x4Grant
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Scottburgh
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE

Post by 4x4Grant »

What unit are they offering?

Ask about their skytrax unit. Its also R199.00 a month but it has a live feed and you have a assist button where if you get stuck (ford owners) they will come out and help you.

As for discount won't happen sadly.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
Schools don't need all them number calculatin' classes.
The only math folks need to know is
4 x 4 = Off-Road
Masekind
Town: Lichtenburg
Vehicle: 2005 Hilux 4x4 v6, LR tank, ARB Bumper. (iJzer)

Post by Masekind »

Sit self ook met n 3jaar kontrak by tracker en wil my hare uit my kop trek oor ek so toe was, maar ja darm nog net 18 maande. En die unit is ook op n baie bollie plek in gesit.
If you don’t build your dreams someone else will hire you to build there’s
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Post by Thunder02 »

4x4Grant wrote:What unit are they offering?

Ask about their skytrax unit. Its also R199.00 a month but it has a live feed and you have a assist button where if you get stuck (ford owners) they will come out and help you.

As for discount won't happen sadly.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
It's not a tracker,it's their own system.
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!

Return to “Open Discussion”