2stroke

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Junaid
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: la mercy
Vehicle: hilux 3ltr d4d /fotuner 3ltr d4d 4x4. toyota tazz 1.3 .isuzu 2.5 diesel.220 si camry.e39 m5

2stroke

Post by Junaid »

Wat are the advantages of using 2stroke oil mixed in ur diesel tank.does it really help clean and lubricate the injectors.wat 2stroke oil to use and wat ratio.I want to use this stuff in 3ltr d4d but dnt want to end up damaging anything.I hav asked around and nobody has heard of this.any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
Huismoeles
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: V8 Disco 1

Re: 2stroke

Post by Huismoeles »

Dont do it

They throw half a bottle on a tenk

Some performace but not good for your motor

Dont do it
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

Ag, it depends who you ask!

I have now used it for for a few years and my truck has over 375 000km already and still going strong - no engine related trouble whatsover!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vioolsdrift
Vehicle: 2010 4.0 V6 Fortuner 4x4
Club VHF Licence: N/A

Post by Froll »

Used it for about a year on our tractors(8) there was no plus points or negative points that were seen so we stopped using it. Maybe the clever people know more about it.
Tarquin
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Plettenberg Bay
Vehicle: Toyota 2.8D D/C 4x4 & Toyota 2.4D single 4x2

Post by Tarquin »

it won't cause any drastic damage, but you are putting oil where there should be no oil, in effect you are making you vehicle consume 500 ml of oil per tank which means you are going to get carbon build up in your cylinder head and exhaust.
the best way to get an engine to last long is:
Step 1: buy a decent vehicle
Step 2: warm your engine up before you get a lead foot(not at the bottom of your road, once it's gotten to the correct running temp for 5-10 mins
and finally don't try and save money and skip services, because it feels like money going out for nothing!
Vlak vark
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Phalaborwa
Vehicle: 1995 hilux D/c 4x4 Legend 25 Kzt with top mounted intercooler. long range tank. hankook dynapro duel battery system

Post by Vlak vark »

op die 4x4 community het hulle groot gesprekke oor 2so. jy moet net seker maak jy koop die regte een. van hulle los solids agter na dit ontbrand is.
ek dink dit is n persoonlike keuse of jy wil 2so wil bysit.
One life, one dream, one toyota
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

In the property game it is albout location, location, location..

In things mechanical it is all about lubrication, lubrication, lubrication!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
JEEPIE
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Official hilux 4x4 club recovery vehicle
Club VHF Licence: X 43

Post by JEEPIE »

2 stroke gives better lubrication
but must do mixture right ,
OFFICIAL HILUX 4x4 RECOVERY VEHICLE

if you want to change this to recovered , first recover me - and have a relevant picture / foto to prove it !
ADVANCED 4x4 DRIVER COURSES DONE : US 254135 / US 254154
(STILL AWAITING SO-CALLED TETA CERTIFICATION VIA THE SERVICE PROVIDER AFRICAN OFF-ROAD ACADEMY - WHAT A JOKE)
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

I also use it.I did a bit of reading up and cant say for sure if it helps or not.One thing I wanted to find out was if anybody had BAD experiences.I could find none.
Use only the Jaso-FC spec.Low ash.I use 500ml on 100lt.I use the Sasol and Fuchs Penns brand
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Junaid
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Vehicle: hilux 3ltr d4d /fotuner 3ltr d4d 4x4. toyota tazz 1.3 .isuzu 2.5 diesel.220 si camry.e39 m5

Post by Junaid »

george wrote:I also use it.I did a bit of reading up and cant say for sure if it helps or not.One thing I wanted to find out was if anybody had BAD experiences.I could find none.
Use only the Jaso-FC spec.Low ash.I use 500ml on 100lt.I use the Sasol and Fuchs Penns brand
I went to autozone and cud only find castrol 2t.we're do you buy that stuff from
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

Junaid wrote:
george wrote:I also use it.I did a bit of reading up and cant say for sure if it helps or not.One thing I wanted to find out was if anybody had BAD experiences.I could find none.
I went to autozone and cud only find castrol 2t.we're do you buy that stuff from
I actually bought the Fuchs Penn from Autozone.The sasol I get from any Sasol garage.Just make sure it says Jaso-FC
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Thabogrobler wrote:In the property game it is albout location, location, location..

In things mechanical it is all about lubrication, lubrication, lubrication!
very true words .....

and there IS such a thing as BAD location, just as there IS such a thing as BAD lubrication !!

Lubrication is an ART, that keeps the worlds best chemical engineers busy ..... "just adding" some other stuff to the mix has more chance of doing damage than actually helping.

Depending on what the "other stuff" is the damage may be minimal, but still the chances of it improving the original product is virtually impossible.

then rather spend money on more regular oil changes, or a second fuel filter ...
Mufasa
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Bloemfontein
Vehicle: 3.0 D4D DC

Post by Mufasa »

I only use shell nautilus.....no problems
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

Mufasa wrote:I only use shell nautilus.....no problems
I was advise not to use outboard oil.Only the Jaso-FC spec
Kaaskrul
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2018 Hilux X-Cab 4x4 Dakar

Post by Kaaskrul »

2 stroke wont give any performance.

Remember, the diesel pump has working parts in it, gears etc etc. The only lubrication it gets, is from the diesel. But with our diesel being of lower quality than the rest of the world, you dont get the lubrication you need.

200ml per tank is fine.
Even 200ml on every second tank will do the job.

I use it on my trucks.

My one truck is now on 1mil km, same dieselpump, same Injectors. And we put poef wholesale truckstop diesel in everytlime. Not fancy Sasol 50pp bla bla bla :mrgreen:

On 900 000km I had the injectors tested. I got the ok and I slapped it back in :thumbup:

I even run my Hilux on normal 500pp truckstop cheap diesel :shh:
Junaid
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Junaid »

george wrote:
Junaid wrote:
I actually bought the Fuchs Penn from Autozone.The sasol I get from any Sasol garage.Just make sure it says Jaso-FC
Thanks george

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”