Import versus local diff, brakes

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Bandit
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Port alfred
Vehicle: 2008 Fortuner V6 4x4

Import versus local diff, brakes

Post by Bandit »

Between the local and import rear diffs, what would the differences be in the way the hub/drum assembly is attached to the two diffs?
There is a hilux in PE that has an import diff with a disk conversion on, a very nice conversion, and my hilux has the local diff. I think the owner would be a tad annoyed if I started to strip his hilux to get measurements, but he said he would let me have all the info, but doesn't think the conversion would fit the local diff...
Any info would be appreciated guys, I don't want to get everything made up and then find it doesn't fit...
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: Import versus local diff, brakes

Post by CasKru »

Bandit wrote:Between the local and import rear diffs, what would the differences be in the way the hub/drum assembly is attached to the two diffs?
There is a hilux in PE that has an import diff with a disk conversion on, a very nice conversion, and my hilux has the local diff. I think the owner would be a tad annoyed if I started to strip his hilux to get measurements, but he said he would let me have all the info, but doesn't think the conversion would fit the local diff...
Any info would be appreciated guys, I don't want to get everything made up and then find it doesn't fit...
Please get the details. AFAIK the differences would just maybe drilling one hole in a slightly different position.
To God be the glory

Return to “The Workshop”