D4D injectors serviceable?

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Die$eL
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Midrand
Vehicle: 06' Hilux 3.0 D4D 4X4

D4D injectors serviceable?

Post by Die$eL »

So I found this posted on a different forum and mailed the guy:

Hi all. For all the Hilux and Fortuner owners out there who may be looking at changing their diesel injectors any time soon this may well save you some hard earned cash! I was put onto a young gentleman who specializes in the repair of electronic Diesel injectors by a friend of mine some time back. I was a bit hesitant to send my pride and joys (2010 3.0L Hilux D4D) injectors to him as I believed that the injectors were not repairable. So I sent him one of my work vans injectors first (2.5 D4D hilux) as a bit of a tester. That van has since clocked up over 100thousand Km on the refurbished set without any problems! Since then I have had all 8 vehicles (7 x 2.5 and my personal 3.0L) injectors redone by him, at a fraction of the price of a new set! (Roughly half the price of new) And I am very pleased with the performance, fuel consumption and reliability that I have had from the injectors. If anyone is interested in contacting this chap, please feel free to drop me an email at fraserlewis01@gmail.com, and I will gladly pass on his details. He is based in Durban and he couriers injectors country wide. I can strongly vouch for his services and professional manner. VERY helpful!!!

He says for R7500 the service the injectors and all is well.
The company is called Brockwell Fuel Injection.

I've heard that the D4D injectors are not serviceable? Something about them being coded for firing or the likes

Can anyone shed more light on this?
Real drivers use three pedals
Quintin
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Umhlanga
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 2 x Diff lock, 33" MT Tyre, Lexus V8, Winch, Bull Bar and Tow bar.

Re: D4D injectors serviceable?

Post by Quintin »

thanks that is a very good lead, one must keep him close should you need to get it done.
Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D 4 D 4X4 A/T (4 play). Hilux DC 4x4, Lexus 4Lt V8, Mikhem suspension met 50mm lift, 50 mm body lift, Bilstein Shocks extra length, 33" tyre, 8 J rims, 2 x Lockers, Snorkel. (Blou Job) en dan n Peugeot 107 (Quickie).

Return to “Open Discussion”