Tie rod ends - please check them

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
mushroom
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: krugersdorp
Vehicle: '16 Legend 45 DC 4x4M

Tie rod ends - please check them

Post by mushroom »

Hi Peoples,

I went to get some shocks put on to imbongolo yesterday in anticipation for lekka dirt road trip thru Nam in October. On doing the wheel alignment the techie called me over to peek under the car. My right hand side tie rod end had fallen off the ball (exscuse my simple terms - I'm no mech minded oke by a long shot !! :confused: :confused: )

On fiddling with the left one to get the tie rod arm off it also need very little help to "drop" off. I was told that this could have happened while doing corrugated/rough dirt roads, and there would have been sports if it had dropped off while I was doing a speed.

I have since replaced the whole arm and the two tie rod ends with a decent one stripped off an accident damaged bakkie (In Krugersdorp - one tonner spares - pretty good service !! :thumbup: :thumbup: )

Okes, please check this out, I never knew that it was so important and certainly never checked them before. The man upstairs must have my back
Q20 if its stuck, duct tape if it moves :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:

Return to “The Workshop”