Toyota 3.0L Diesel Double Cab Which Year Model

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Yeshua
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Honda

Toyota 3.0L Diesel Double Cab Which Year Model

Post by Yeshua »

Hello, my name is Michelle and I am new to this forum and platform. I was given advice to search for Toyota Double Cab KT-ZE 3.0L Diesel to buy as a vehicle to take my two kids to school but also be a vehicle to go and collect furniture for my husband's second hand business. Which year/model should I look at that will have the best fuel consumption for my needs and least issues as I have seen some comments, but not all about this being thirsty at 120km/h. I looked online and saw today one for R 45 000 [2000 year model] on auction for tomorrow in Klerksdorp. They want a R 15 000 dep to secure the car today, before auction tomorrow. I am selling my Honda Sedan, so that I can buy this vehicle to help my family. I do not want to make an impulse buy, or mistake. Any advice on the year model mentioned above. He says it has had 2 owners. 149 000 on the clock. No accidents.
Tim86
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux

Re: Toyota 3.0L Diesel Double Cab Which Year Model

Post by Tim86 »

Provide the sale link please.
The KZTE is the one you want and fuel efficient.
R45k @ 149k km's sounds too good to be true.
dax021
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Harkerville WC
Vehicle: 1990 Hilux 4Y

Post by dax021 »

It sounds like a scam to me too. Be wary, very wary. I would not transfer a deposit. I would rather lose a purchase than pay a deposit to an unknown site/person. There is a member of this forum who lives in Klerksdorp, maybe he will chip in with some advice tomorrow. Weekends are normally very quiet, I mean super quiet here.
niclemaitre
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 99 IFS DC 4x4

Post by niclemaitre »

The early KZTEs had problems with the heads. They fixed the issues in the 2002 model year, so an '02-05 model is the better buy.

Also agree that a 2 owner, 150k km bakkie at R45k is too good to be true. They sell for north of R120k easily.
Happy trails
Nic

SFA '97 DC - affirmatively shopped
SFA '87 DC "Rooies" - sold
IFS '99 DC "Benny"
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

Welcome to the forum.

I can guarantee you if you paid the deposit you will never see the vehicle or your money again! Everything points to a scam. Way too cheap and pressure to pay a deposit now...

A decent Hilux of any year or shape will currently not be cheaper than R75 000 - the newer Kz shape easily sell for R150k currently.

For a reliable, comfortable work vehicle that won't break the bank I would look for an Isuzu or a 2.5 Ford - both reliable vehicles that does not carry the Toyota tax burden.

You NEVER pay ANY money for a vehicle(or actually anything else) unless you can put your hand on it, pay and immediately take the bought item with you - unfortunately this is the world we live in.

Happy hunting!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

I am in Klerksdorp, please supply the details and I can at least determine if they are legit.

I would definitely not pay any money prior to confirmation.

EDIT: OK, I have just taken note of the date of your post so the auction has already passed. I hope you did not lose money on this deal.

-Eric

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”