HELP PLEASE!

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Cuan
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux 2.4

HELP PLEASE!

Post by Cuan »

I have a 2017 Hilux SRX D/C 4x4 which can only start when the clutch is depressed. Is there a way to change this? I had an awful experience stalling on a very steep hill. One does not want to depress the clutch on a steep hill when towing a very heavy trailer! Has anyone had this issue and if so what have you done about it? I think it is supposed to be a safety feature of sorts.I landed up being pulled down the hill by the trailer and only stopped when it jack-knifed.I would really appreciate any help or advice about this.
shaggy10111
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: alberton
Vehicle: 2013 hilux 3D4D 4x4 Auto

Re: HELP PLEASE!

Post by shaggy10111 »

Have a look at this link

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/sh ... ost3748405

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Cuan
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux 2.4

Post by Cuan »

Okay thanks. It makes me feel a lot better. One really does not want to be putting in your clutch having stalled on a really steep hill. Only issue now is whether Toyota will agree to doing the change for me as I might be looking to an extended warranty.
niclemaitre
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 99 IFS DC 4x4

Post by niclemaitre »

From that thread, you can just unplug the switch and use a wire to jumper the switch, a totally reversible change with no effect on the warranty
Happy trails
Nic

SFA '97 DC - affirmatively shopped
SFA '87 DC "Rooies" - sold
IFS '99 DC "Benny"

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”