West Coast/Swartland 4x4 routes

Planning a trip or you need information about trails in your area.
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

West Coast/Swartland 4x4 routes

Post by Niel »

I read some comments on the Blombos train near to Yzerfontein on the 4x4 Comm site. Apparently very disappointing from a 4x4 perspective. Saw they mentioned the Buffelsfontein route and was wondering how this track is rated? (if at all) Has anyone on this forum done this route before?

Secondly, I wonder how many routes/tracks there is that does not get advertised.

Pieter, dis mos jou wereld hierdie? Kom ons maak n lys van die roetes in die area tussen Atlantis, Lambertsbaai, Tulbach en Durbanville. Ons moet weer n plan maak vir n dag trippie.
Bosvark
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux 2200 D/C AUS specs

Re: West Coast/Swartland 4x4 routes

Post by Bosvark »

Niel blombos is a walk in the park,more nature scenes.Buffelsfontein is a better option,quite sandy uphills ,best to drive it in summer.The sand is then very lose.I did the route twise,the last time we saw a kudu on the route,lots of other animals to be seen.A guy with one of these new BMW 4x4 burnt out his clutch on this route.This route is good for TOYOTA,s and not for ROAD 4x4's.Go and enjoy the route
n vark bly maar n vark
Niel

Post by Niel »

Johan, I am planning to go down to Langebaan/Saldanha in the near future and will definitely pop in. I always jaag past and don't pay attention to the surrounds...
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Niel, Buffelsfontein is mos die plaas langs daai een wat ons laas gaan ry het, Swartberg?
Ek het al 'n paar keer as ek Kaap toe ry 'n stuk of 20 Elande op Buffelsfontein gesien.
Meer Noord is daar baie meer roetes, s van Redelinghuis se kant af. Hier rond is die wereld plat en as jy 'n roete kry gaan dit meestal sand wees.

Klein Tafelberg en Jakkalskloof begin al lekker raak.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Niel

Post by Niel »

Pieter, nice dat jy dit noem ek dink as elke ou n lys van "unknown of non advertised" roetes in hulle areas kan ons n lekker lys opbou. Die bekende roetes is soms vol en dan moet jy saam met n ander groep inval not always my cup of tea.
Bosvark
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Bosvark »

Trekoskraal is ook n baie lekker 4x4 plek vir n dag uitstappie,Draai af op die N7 na die weskus pad toe.By volgende kruising voor die weskus pad draai regs af.N paar km verder is Trekoskraal.Lekker lapa om by te braai ook.
n vark bly maar n vark
Niel

Post by Niel »

Dit klink so iewers naby Melbos? Die Trekoskraal wat ek ken is tussen Vredendurg en Parternoster. Kan jy net ingaan of moet besperrk? Indien wel laat weet asb. Hy jy GPS punte vir "jou" Trekoskraal?
1NSANE
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by 1NSANE »

BOSVARK wrote:Trekoskraal is ook n baie lekker 4x4 plek vir n dag uitstappie,Draai af op die N7 na die weskus pad toe.By volgende kruising voor die weskus pad draai regs af.N paar km verder is Trekoskraal.Lekker lapa om by te braai ook.
Die naam van die roete wat jy aan dink is Die Ou Trekpad. Die roete is op T4A.
No Rules - No Limits - No Roads
Bosvark
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by Bosvark »

dit is reg so bietjie verspreek,dankie vir daai een
n vark bly maar n vark
Niel

Post by Niel »

I was at Grotto this weekend and I was asked abought the route that use to run from where the fence ended to a nice beach just past Grotto. According to me the route was closed and I could see that there has been no vehicles for some time now. Does anyone have more details on this "road" and if you can still drive it. According to me the boom was locked.....

Secondly the road that one could drive on the Ducketts farm (some time ago), is it still open and if so can you just enter or waht is the story?

Return to “Places to go”