4.0 litre v6 recon engine required

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
weblife
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0D 4x4

4.0 litre v6 recon engine required

Post by weblife »

Hi Guys
My buddy recently blew up his 2005 4.0 litre v6 Hilux 4x4 DC engine after 475 000 very hard ks and bad mechanics.

Apparently the main bearings are shot but the head is ok, so a new sub assembly is the least he needs, although a recon complete motor is also an option.

Where is a good and reputable place to find a recon engine, or to get his reconditioned?

N1 Toyota Spares does not have stock and using Toyota is out of the question due to cost.

The car is currently at Toyota in Reitz and he stays in Nelspruit so I guess Jhb and Pta are options as well.

Advice will be appreciated

Thanks

Frank
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: Datsun SAFARI aka LOBO, Nissan Patrol GQ

Re: 4.0 litre v6 recon engine required

Post by Kagiso »

Hallo daa'
My Prado cracked radiator tank on 20,000 and the engine cooked .. I insisted the Insurance that Vanderlinde Engineering must do the repairs -- and I am only HAPP :boss: :celebrate: :dance1: ever since
Power is UP [by lots and lots and lots .. and fuel consumptio is down [3 litr per 100 down]
That V6 is a V8 now .. for the power it produces.

So -- as jy n 4.0 V6 wil optower -- Vanderlinde .. of los dit.
Outreach2Africa - In support of Missionaries of Africa: Helping God's children doing God's work.
on't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
weblife
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0D 4x4

Post by weblife »

Ag Dankie daarvoor. Enige ideë wat dit destyds gekos het? Sovêr is 'n Lexus V8 omtrent R75k om die V6 te vervang...
Kagiso
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: Datsun SAFARI aka LOBO, Nissan Patrol GQ

Post by Kagiso »

Jammer vir die prys ding -- die versekering het betaal .. via die paneelklopper "middelman" so ek het nooit die prys gekry nie -- bel vir Shaun 011 704 1063 en hoor by hom ?? Se maar vir hom Oom Mac het jou verwys.
Outreach2Africa - In support of Missionaries of Africa: Helping God's children doing God's work.
on't bring God down to your level of faith ... bring your faith up to His level!
Masekind
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Lichtenburg
Vehicle: 2005 Hilux 4x4 v6, LR tank, ARB Bumper. (iJzer)

Post by Masekind »

Ek het n 2011 Tuna engine gekoop en in gesit was bang vir die recon want alles is alum en werk nie leke saam met hoe hitte nie.
Het ook gedink aan n V8 maar daar teen besluit
Ek het by 1 Ton spares gekoop bel Warren by 0715396842 ek is nog baie happy met my engine
If you don’t build your dreams someone else will hire you to build there’s

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”