rebuilding solid front axle

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Sven
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: '89 Hilux DC

rebuilding solid front axle

Post by Sven »

i Just finished rebuilding the my front axle(all new bearings, seals, gaskets)
and just felt like commenting that it must be up there as one of the cuckest tasks you could possibly get yourself into
when working on a car. stoked that my axle is now glistening but damn, you even feel dirty with all the grease when you
put it all together, let alone stripping it. guess its so rewarding that everyone seems happy once they are done.
'89 hilux D/C SFA, import spec.4YImageImageImage
ôita
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Piet Retief
Vehicle: 1994 Toyota Hilux D/cab 4x4 SFA, 3RZ conversion,TrailGear Duel Transfercase with 4.7gear,Front & Rear Difflocks,2" Lift,OME & Mikem Suspention,Snorkel,L/R fuel tank, 32" M/T tyres, my son in the passenger seat

Re: rebuilding solid front axle

Post by ôita »

I know the feeling all to well but it is worth it and you get to know the workings of everything so that when something goes wrong you know what it could be and what to get. Luckely I don't think that anyone would need to do that on my SFA ever again.....
"Stronger than a New Zealand Kauri tree and, as we found out, virtually indestructible, the Hilux is an unapologetically manly car." - Top Gear Verdict
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Re: rebuilding solid front axle

Post by The Legend »

+1 Been there -done that
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”