Legend 45 spotted

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Stuart Baak
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Douglasdale
Vehicle: Hilux Legend 40 RB DC auto
Club VHF Licence: H61

Legend 45 spotted

Post by Stuart Baak »

Saw my first legend 45 in Pta this weekend. And all I can say is..... I want one! Maybe in a couple of years time I'll upgrade my loose rear end (2x4) for the 4x4 of this!
Attachments
DSC_0437.jpg
DSC_0435.jpg
antlo69
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria North
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 D-4D, leveling kit, 17" with A/T BFg's, sadly stil some Tupperware, wish list growing by the day

Re: Legend 45 spotted

Post by antlo69 »

Its a Dakar model with black sidesteps and a sticker kit? I hope there will be something more special on a Legend 45.
"Must be a Toyota, must be a diesel and must run on BFG's"
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

TSA ripping the poor consumer yet again another 'A' hole!!!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Thabogrobler wrote:TSA ripping the poor consumer yet again another 'A' hole!!!
Shamelessly.... :silent: :silent: :silent:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Dewald Posthumus
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Hilux 3.0D4d 4x4

Post by Dewald Posthumus »

Why change a winning formula? (Crying myself to sleep..)

Seriously, I understand that they are trying to milk every last drop of Hilux support with yet another Legend model, but really now, I am sick and tired of all the flack they are getting for not releasing a new model. As a staunch Toyota supporter, even the Amarok is starting to look like a nice bakkie..
jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2,8 4x4 Auto Fortuner. 2,8 4x4 Hilux singlecab.

Post by jacques kotze »

I heard that Toyota will release the Legend 45 just before the launch of the all new Hilux. That was supposed to be beginning of 2016, maybe, just maybe the new Hilux will be here sooner than we were told.
Stuart Baak
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Stuart Baak »

There are so many Stealers out there that will rip you off in a heartbeat. Yes, toyo capitalises on the brand name of hilux and land cruiser. Let's face it, for over half a bar you can get a new 76 cruiser and that has no frills, basic old tech, but unsurpassed reliability... Can we buy something else? Yes, yes you can. Do we? No. Because we love our vehicles and when people b1tch and moan that their car is in the dealer again for another issue (my 2012 elantra went in a total of 16 times for *a*) I sleep better at night knowing that my toyo is not decomposing while I sleep...

Yes there is a new one coming (who knows when) but I am still happy with my van and it can wait another 5 years before I get a new (2nd hand) van.

Understandably there are horror stories. But think if how many hilux are in production both commercially and recreationally and I would imagine that the ratio of good to bad is Alot smaller than many many other manufacturers.

Agreed Toyota plays the field regarding models, release dates etc. But which car manufacturer doesn't. I reckon people complain about release dates because they love Toyota so very much that they just cannot wait for the new ones.

Anyways, that's my 2cw Hehe. Now, what Colour do you want it in? ;) :D (I am on cellphone but would put up that wavey white flag mannetjie) haha
Obelix and Dogmatix
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: ROODEPOORT
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

Post by Obelix and Dogmatix »

Dewald Posthumus wrote:Why change a winning formula? (Crying myself to sleep..)

Seriously, I understand that they are trying to milk every last drop of Hilux support with yet another Legend model, but really now, I am sick and tired of all the flack they are getting for not releasing a new model. As a staunch Toyota supporter, even the Amarok is starting to look like a nice bakkie..

sies man :evil:
Rules are there to make you think before you break them!!!
God made man before
woman so as to give him time
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
Stuart Baak
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Stuart Baak »

Obelix and Dogmatix wrote:
Dewald Posthumus wrote:Why change a winning formula? (Crying myself to sleep..)

sies man :evil:
Haha some like their 2.0l's
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Post by The Legend »

Ek mag verkeerd wees,maar ek dink die legend 45 is die laaste Vigo soos ons hom ken voordat die nuwe reeks bekend gestel word.
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”
MCHILUX
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Centurion Gauteng
Vehicle: Mazda Rustler 16v

Post by MCHILUX »

soos die laaste Corolla in al die reekse is daar limited editions selde met die Tazz gewees en Toyota is baie geheimsinnig met datums op die vrystelling
Dewald Posthumus
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Manne, ek hoop regtig hulle maak gou met die nuwe model! Ek kan nie meer wag nie, 9 jaar vir dieselfde model is bietjie laaaaaaaank, en dit gaan 11 wees voor die nuwe model in 2016!
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

Agree with the sentiment that it's a Vigo with a sticker kit that probably cost 10c to print and an extra R25k over the normal model....
I don't care if it is a winning formula or not, it's a rip off, buy the normal Vigo and have the stickers made somewhere if it tickles your fancy.

At least my LTD came with factory fitted bumper, winch, rock sliders and a different tow bar, high lift point front/rear and different seats....that is worth paying extra bucks for..but a sticker kit...not so much..
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

The new model is due early 2016. No sooner than that. The only Hilux you will be able to buy next year will be the Legend45 at R12K above the normal price (for now but watch this space when prices increase early in the new year). No matter how great and how wonderful, this us a rip off as Stef and others say. TSA is milking us (the consumer) for everything we have... and we are running back for more... :shock: :shock:

Where are the guys from TSA now to come and state their case with us? All we hear is about good resale value and reliability... That doesnt fly with me any more.. :silent: :silent: :silent:
Thys de Jager

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

Janee Thys, ek gaat daai LTD ry tot hy size 13 rims vat... ;-)
Dewald Posthumus
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Stef wrote:Janee Thys, ek gaat daai LTD ry tot hy size 13 rims vat... ;-)
Het dit al voorheen op die forum gese, maar in Australie het hulle 'n TRD edition in 2008 uitgebring, dit was die moeite werd, met Bilstein shocks, beter brieke, ander rims, en dan natuurlik 'n supercharger!

Dit kan mens vergelyk met jou LTD, nie hierdie Legend en Dakar reekse nie.
Attachments
hilux_trd_1.jpg
hilux_trd_1.jpg (26.46 KiB) Viewed 3805 times
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0V6

Post by 4x4BEES »

Hoekom daar bekendstel en nie hier nie?
ThysdJ

Post by ThysdJ »

4x4BEES wrote:Hoekom daar bekendstel en nie hier nie?
Want Toyota SA het nie gedink ons verbruikers het so 'n Hilux in SA nodig nie. Toyota SA besluit wat is goed vir ons en wat nie.... Dis hoe dit is, en bring jou eie Vaseline saam... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager

Obelix and Dogmatix
Town: ROODEPOORT
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

Post by Obelix and Dogmatix »

now if the Legend series came out with all the mods already done i.e proper rock sliders, no tupperware but some decent steel etc etc then it would make sense!! but you will always find the person that has a friend named Jones that is always just ahead of him.

A fool and his money is quickly parted.
Rules are there to make you think before you break them!!!
God made man before
woman so as to give him time
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
venom38
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: johannesburg
Vehicle: hilux d4d

Post by venom38 »

http://toyota.co.za/ranges/hilux#overview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stainless steel nudge bar with Legend 45 badge
Grey Alloy wheels
Rear step bumper with towbar
Combination leather & fabric seats with matching steering wheel
Colour coded door handles

Colour coded door handles, now thats something i can brag about to my vw, nissan, isuzu and ford buddies when we talk kw and torque
Toerboer
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: 3.0 D4D 4X4 DC, lr

Post by Toerboer »

Ja,ons almal kan nie meer wag vir n nuuter hilux nie.Maar dan in die selfde tyd wonder ek hoeveel sagter gaan hy wees,hoe kleiner gaan die engin wees,hoeveel meer computerised features gaan hy he.

Elke nuwe model kan jy minder self aanwerk.Hoop die model gaan Africa "compatable" en bestand wees.

Ek is met n baie groot benoudheid opgewonde.

Soos daar genoem was TSA,besluit vir ons wat ons mag kry,terwyl die res van die Wereld die room van Toyota se modele kry,Dink maar net aan die Tandra....Ekstra cab wat se deur kan oopmaak ens .....en dan rook hulle ons met die prys.Hulle is al so arogant hulle geen nie eens n buise vaseline komplimenter saam nie....Maar ons boertjies koop maar....

Kom ons wag en sien.Hoop maar die wag was die moeite werd...
Tarquin
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Plettenberg Bay
Vehicle: Toyota 2.8D D/C 4x4 & Toyota 2.4D single 4x2

Post by Tarquin »

You guys can run after your newest models and most kw!!
ill just be here with my SFA...
Because i know when i kick it in the bush it will work again :twisted: :twisted:
venom38
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: johannesburg
Vehicle: hilux d4d

Post by venom38 »

Nah very happy with vigo. Would not swop for double the power BUT would like to at least know the brand is not lagging behind all the rest and thus growing instead of declining and only keeping market share with guys like us buying with their hearts and the promise of reliability. (again cant fault my vigo there)
Oupa Stig
Town: Johannesbug
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE 4X2 "Stagger Lee", Hilux IFS 2.7 4x4 "Loretta"

Post by Oupa Stig »

Regarding everyone's anxiety about the new model, and Hiluxes being "old generation" etc etc etc.
Why can Toyota not squeeze the same power out of a larger motor than other guys get out of smaller motors?
Why take so long with the new model?
And all the old tech, and the Hilux being "loose" on gravel and and and.
It's a friggin' wonder anyone actually buys a Hilux, né.
To my mind the answer to almost all these criticisms lie in one word:
Reliability.
Same old story of not forcing your motor to work so hard by squeezing too many horses out, equals longer lasting motors.
And perhaps the new model takes a while 'coz the guys at Toyota ain't happy with it just yet, making sure as can be that the new generation does not drop the ball when it comes to the legendary Hilux reliability.

So, we gotta choose, chaps. More power or more reliability.
More new models more often with unknown and untested issues, or fewer, tried, tested and trusted models.
I'd love to see a new Hilux on the market kick some Ranger butt ('coz the Ranger is getting pretty close to kicking Hilux butt....), but I'd hate to see that same Hilux embarrasing us all because it was pushed on the market too soon in a panic response to a challenge from Ford et al.
I won't be able to buy a new Hilux ever again unless I win the lotto 'coz the darned things are close to half a million rand now (lost track when I realised I'm wasting my time looking at prices of the newer trucks - waybout of my league), so it's easier for me to sit back and smile at the nerves and criticisms and anxieties (how do you spell that?) of the guys who can, but as I said, I'd like the new Lux to be something I can be proud of.

And as for the 45, if you do not like it or the price tag, then simply do not buy it. Best way to let Toyota understand. But they will sell. All of them.
I feel a lot less wise at 45 than I did at 15.

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”