Some advice on which d/cabb

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
stuartb
Town: Somerset west
Vehicle: isuzu 250kb c/cabb 2003

Some advice on which d/cabb

Post by stuartb »

Hi I am new to the forum, and was hoping someone could give me some good advice. I am currently driving a Isuzu KB250 4x2 D/cabb and want to upgrade to a toyota hilux 4x4. MY budget is max R150 000 and looking for a 2004/2005 model between 80000-120000km on the clock. Fuel economy is quite an important factor as I will use it for work as well, which vehicle would you recommend between the 2.5d 4x4 d/cabb, kzte 3.0 d/cabb and the hiklux raider 2.7i. I want something that is going to last at least another 200 000km and wont give to many hassles. Will do a 4x4 trail once a month and going to Botswana in future and mozambique. I wont be towing anything and I am light on the peddle, learnt that from the kb250. I also want something that wont get me bogged down. Which vehicle do you recommend I look at.
Regards
Stuart :D :D
Umvubu
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Lydenburg
Vehicle: Hilux D/C 4Y & Hilux S/C 2.4D & Musso 602EL

Re: Some advice on which d/cabb

Post by Umvubu »

Welcome to the forum. The guys here will give you great advice. :D
1993 Hilux 2.4D S/C - 31" Khumo Muds , Lockers F/R , OME Suspension , Snorkel , Extended Shackles etc
1996 Ssanyong Musso 602EL - OME Suspension
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

WELCOME Stuart :!: :!:

Personally I'm a 4Y only man, but may I suggest that the combo you are looking for is a Pre- 1998 2.7i
:D :D :D
AND........

You won't have to spend anywhere R150K buying it :D :D :D

Best of luck finding one :wink:

Rich
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Personally I'm a 4Y only man, but may I suggest that the combo you are looking for is a Pre- 1998 2.7i
Rich, if you find one, I'll take three!

I think you mean the pre-facelift 2.7i, so Stuart would be looking for a Raider (includes rear difflock) or an SRX (no rear difflock) from 1999 ~ 2002. White Fang (refer my signature) falls into this category, but sadly is not for sale!

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Family_BullDog wrote:
Rich, if you find one, I'll take three!

I think you mean the pre-facelift 2.7i, so Stuart would be looking for a Raider (includes rear difflock) or an SRX (no rear difflock) from 1999 ~ 2002. White Fang (refer my signature) falls into this category, but sadly is not for sale!

-F_D
Thanks for the correction Eric :oops: :oops:

C'mon Eric, you've got ENOUGH Toys..............., :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SELL Him White Fang :idea: :idea: :D :D :D

Rich
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Post by Scorpion »

Welcome to the light! And the forum... :twisted: Your choice of vehicle is very much dependant on personal preferance. All of the vehicles you mentioned are extremely capable and you will not for one minute regret buying any one of them. I personally prefer petrol and would therefore buy the 2.7i, but all three of your choices will give you what you want.

And they will drive where an Isuzu can only dream of... :twisted: :shock: :wink:
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)
legend35
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Hilux 2700i
Club VHF Licence: HC262

Post by legend35 »

Check the auto trader,good deals there on 2.7i hilux's.
2004 Hilux 2700i 4x4 Legend 35
ImageImageImageImage
Cowley branch and freeflow,long range tank,dual battery system,home made front and rear bumpers.
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

There's plenty of 2nd hand DC Hardbody's on the market - but they are very thirsty

Otherwise they are a real "Collector's Car"

Rich

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”