! December 2012 WCCC extreme 4x4 Challenge - De Hoop Stene,

GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

! December 2012 WCCC extreme 4x4 Challenge - De Hoop Stene,

Post by GI Jane »

So for those of you in the western cape that don't have already have alternate arrangements for Sat, the 6th and final challenge for the year will be held. Details about the challenge and event can be found http://wccc4x4.co.za/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hoppy is at the top of the log at the moment, but the competition is tough, guys are determined to beat him... so it would be great if we could have a great turnout of Hilux supporters on the day. There are quite a number of Rovers in his class, that would love to depose the Hilux...

So, Dec 1st, at De Hoop Stene in Paarl from 9 am, would be the place to be, to support a fellow member and friend... Come prepared for lots of challenge action and excitement...
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.

Re: ! December 2012 WCCC extreme 4x4 Challenge - De Hoop Ste

Post by GI Jane »

Just looked at the points for the challenge and see that Dino Burnett is a close second in his Range Rover, so there is everything to drive for on the day.....
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

Getting Luxter ready, Beer tent and food availeble, bring sun block, CU there
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
SideKick
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux '89 2.2 (4Y) EFI D/C 4x4, Mikem Suspension, PowerFlow Exhaust, BroSpeed Branch, 31" M/T, Long Range Fuel Tank, Front Diff-Lock
Club VHF Licence: X108

Post by SideKick »

Me and Spikkels are comming too. She says she won't say yes to co-piloting for me next year until she actually sees it . . .
Stress: :irate: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's desire to choke the living $H!t out of some asshole that desperately deserves it!
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Then that's the place to be Stehpan... hope it is cooler than last year... it was hellish hot, lots of people going down... so bring lots of water and possibly an umbrella for shade...
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Okay so the weather forecast for Saterday is cloudy... not sure what the conversion is for 86 degrees, confused between centigrade and fahrenheit, will some clever person tell me what that means?

Okay googled it. I think 86 degrees would be Fahrenheit, which means 30 deg C, which means still quite warm, but far from the 40deg c of last year. Phew...
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Well done Allan, for winning, again today, on your Happy birthday... and then also being first for the year.... Well done to Dino who was second for the day and also second the the year... and to Mike third for the day, and third for the year... You guys have had a serious year of challenges behind you, and I have seen you and your vehicles in many cases tested to the limited. Dino you have to have the fasted turn around for repairing side shafts that I've seen. Two challenges in a row, having to replace a side shaft after an obstacle, and being up and running to drive by the next obstacle...

Photo's to follow, when I have sorted and resized them... a couple of classic rollover on the day.... very hot, very windy conditions... De Hoop stene is a dustbowl, and my camera and lens bear witness to that...
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Post by Thunder02 »

Can't wait for pics,well done guys :thumbup:
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Some motivational signs to keep them going on the day....
motivational thoughts 1.jpg
(57.04 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
motivational thoughts 3.jpg
(82.3 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
There was a bit of mud....
a bit of mud for the day.jpg
(68.36 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
even my camera got mud on it.jpg
(80.8 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
And the rest was steep rocky pits, inclines, declines and lots and lots of dust...
birthday boy into the pit.jpg
(61.74 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
into the pit, out the other side and a steep decline down the hill
in and out of the pit and down the other side.jpg
(103.99 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
Trying to get the right spot to be able to give a true reflection of the depth and difficulty of the obstacle is not always easy..... and believe me some ofthe obstacle are a lot worse than they look in a photograph... Just one of these deep pits
hoppy into the same steep narrow pit.jpg
(68.93 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
and then out of the other side with spoed...
and out.jpg
(62.41 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Most of the obstacles have very tight corners. Dino in one of those tight spots into a steep decline...
dino in another tight decline.jpg
(56.75 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
and then later one of the side shaft breakers...
very tight, steep, oops, another side shaft.jpg
(63.36 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
There was one obstacle that was altered due to it being declared risky after Hoppy had driven it... He was first up, and teetered on the brink of a rollover. I don't think the angle I was photographing from, really gives the best indication.... Hoppy, hope Suz got some better angle shots... but here is what I got... By the way talking to Dino afterwards, he said he would only attempt it, if he could attach Allan's helium birthday balloons to his vehicle, because that was what held the vehicle up and prevented it from rolling over... after that the obstacle was altered....
Hoppy close to roll over.jpg
(84.94 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
closer to roll over.jpg
(88.83 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
then out of the obstacle which in itself was a feat
down and out of the obstacle.jpg
(89.97 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

This is an amazing sequence of photo's from one of the other classes... A toyota has a nose job...

This mound of rocks was the start of the obstacle..
Pumba's start of the obstacle.jpg
(79.58 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
Coming off the mound was a tight turn into a pit... I have left out some of the shots to shorten things somewhat...

So into the pit
pumba, pretty deep one this time.jpg
(89.57 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
Oops... and onto it's nose... check the photographer in the right hand corner rapidly vacating her seat....
The engine stalled, and hovered like that for ages... almost as if it was deciding which way to go.... The engine started up, decision made, and slowly Pumba started to move...
pumba restarted and slowly dropped down.jpg
(89.65 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
back on all fours and revving like a banshee (not sure if the terminology is really appropriate in this case)
pumba restarted and slowly dropped down.jpg
(89.65 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
pumba a couple of good revs later.jpg
(68.26 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
and out again, with attitude
pumba, up and out we go.jpg
(59.87 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
pumba, that is up and out with attitude.jpg
(91.43 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
And, we wonder why we love Hilux......
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Then it was the turn of the C class with lockers.... First up Dino...oh the same pit but from the opposite side... Steep exit out and a very tight turn immediately out of it..
Dino coming out the other side.jpg
(89.12 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
Dino's tight turn out of the pit.jpg
(82.29 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
Next up Hoppy..
down they go.jpg
(112.62 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
Hoppy into the pit.jpg
(86.11 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
Hoppy an idea of the depth.jpg
(94.84 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
Hoppy out the other side.jpg
(76.11 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
A jeep in the pit gives you a good idea of the depth and very narrow width of the pit
Jeep to give an idea of how tight the pit was.jpg
(68.59 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
Well done Allan and Werner.... Allan for winning on the day and for the year. Werner for your nerves of steel and faith you have in your Dad's exceptional driving ability as co-driver of the day and for the year..... Good luck Werner, as you take over the steering wheel next year... I am sure you have learnt from one of the best and you will prove that in your driving skills..

Well done to all of those that tested their vehicles and their driving skills, as I wrote earlier, a lot of those challenges were really tough, and Dino happy you listen to those 4 out of 5 voices in your head...
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Nice pictures Val
BAIE GELUK Hoppy !!!!!!!!!!!
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Congratulations, Allan!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for the great pics Val! ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Congrats Alan... at last I made it to one of these events! Must say I was very surprised at the extreme-ness of some of the obstacles. Rof!
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Mr B... see the evidence you were there is in some of the shots I took... great to catch up with you again...
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Yip... dankie Val... that first obstacle I saw for the A class guys, was like dropping your 4x4 down a mine shaft, hoping it survived and then attempting to drive it back out again. That's where Pumba took a nasty fall and remodelled it's front end! Freakin insane stuff!
DINO
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: CAPE TOWN.SOMERSET WEST
Vehicle: 00 DISCO 2 V8i

Post by DINO »

Thanks Val,very nice photos and the 5th voice spoke to me on Hoppys hill,decided I beter listen.
Congrats Allan you and Werner drove extremly well the whole year and well deserved win.
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

Thanks EVERYONE for the support all year, Dino is a master himself, squeezing through gaps i never thought possible with such a big vehicle, the points through the year was so close it was annyone's cup up to the last event.
Luxter did realy well this year, we didn't have one breakdown, we were never recovered and we won every event we entered, that's a Hilux!
Werner will be driving next year and youngsters has no fear, so i'll be doing some nailbiting.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "

Return to “Western Cape”