Unethical Speedtraps

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
frik
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: KZTE 3.0 4x4

Unethical Speedtraps

Post by frik »

Guys I need some guidance on how to deal with unethical speedtraps close to Modderfontein .
I work in Melrose arch and going home via Corlette towards Modderfontein. This one particular section of the road are renown for these bush monkeys to hide with their cameras so its common news I was made aware of this on may very first day using this road. So I keep to the spees limit which is 60 Km/hr. The problem is I get fines like crazy and I am not the only one I know of 25 fines in total just in our office. What makes it more scary is the fact that most of my fines shows exactly 76 Km/hr regardless of which vehicle I used for the day.Its clear on the photos that the car next to me is overtaking me but I get trapped.
My conclusion is no 1 I dont think the calibration is coorect on this Instrument.
Secondly if I understand the law correctly these monkeys are not suppose to hide in the bushes and have to be visible.

I see myself as a law abiding citisen but I have chosen to do what the masses are doing in SA now I am busy removing all the rear number plates on all my cars.

What I need is a personal contact number in JHB of some intellegent human being that I can present my case to.
Everything keeps going right Toyota
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Unethical Speedtraps

Post by Mud Dog »

Sounds like a scam. Check to see if the bank account number given for payment is indeed that of the authorities .... chances are that it's a private acc. no.

Check among the other office members if their fines are also for 76kmph.

Either as a group or individually, go and see the public prosecutor in your area (make copies of the fines before and have them certified as true copies by a commissioner of oaths, just in case and for future reference).

Don't just pay it. A scam like this has been discussed here before. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26976" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
dalkill
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cape TOwn
Vehicle: 2.4 GD6 SR D/C 4x4

Re: Unethical Speedtraps

Post by dalkill »

frik wrote: Secondly if I understand the law correctly these monkeys are not suppose to hide in the bushes and have to be visible.
According to the commisioner / captain / something they had on Carte Blanche, he said there is no law saying they can't hide away ??
2016 2.4GD6 SR D/C 4x4 (Oct 2022 - current) (Buraaq VI)
2007 d4d 3.0 D/C 4x4 (Mar 2016 - July 2022) (Buraaq V)
2003 Isuzu KB300 D/C 4x4 (May 2015 - Feb 2016) aka Buraaq IV
2000 hilux DC 2.7 4x4 (Jul 2011 - Sep 2012) aka Buraaq III
1999 RXI 20v (Nov 2009 - Jul 2011) aka Quicksilver
1990 hilux DC 2.2 4x4 (Jun 2008 - Jul 2011) aka Buraaq II
1997 corolla 160i GLE (Feb 2007 - Sep 2009) aka Green Goblin
1990 GLI twincam (still my fav rolla) (Oct 2005 - Mar 2007) aka Wit Blitz
Golf GTI 2.0 (temp insanity for 2months) (Jun 2005 - Aug 2005) aka A mistake
1993 hilux SC 2.2 4x4 (April 2003 - Sept 2005) aka Buraaq

TOYOTA IS MY LEWE

Return to “Open Discussion”