Who went up Matroosberg this weekend?

Gideonvanzyl
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7 D/C 4x4

Who went up Matroosberg this weekend?

Post by Gideonvanzyl »

It was apparently chaos this weekend going up Matroosberg. Did anyone go up? Load some pictures please.

I see on the Matroosberg site, only real 4x4's can go up. BMW x3 and x5, a Pajero, Kia, Nissan xtrail and various other models all had trouble. They are not allowed do the route in this conditions. Low range is compulsary as well as a good ground clearance.

On saturday x3 vehicles went up at 04h00 in the morning without getting the required permits, hope they were not club members. :eh:
Toyota Hilux 2.7 Legend 35 (Bullnose) 2003 d/cab 4x4 with Cooper Discoverer AT 3's on with unichip and Powerflow exhaust. Name: Blouwillebees
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Re: Who went up Matroosberg this weekend?

Post by Hoppy »

Went past there, saw the Q, to many Rovers in the Q, didn't feel like doing recovery all day so i drove past.
I'll go there on a week day, the wife got some good pics and it was a nice outing.
Last edited by Hoppy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2011 Raider 4x4 Double cab 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC137

Post by Hilux 1 »

not me
Gideonvanzyl
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7 D/C 4x4

Post by Gideonvanzyl »

Hoppy wrote:Went past there, saw the Q, to many Rovers in the Q, didn't feel like doing recovery all day so i drove past.
I'll go there on a week day, the wife got some good pics and it was a nice outing.
:yahoo: Yes, it was wise to drive past, they had to do quite a lot of recoveries. At some stage traffic on the mountain was hold up by 2 hours. The biggest problems was the SUV vehicles.
I'll go later when everything calmed down.
Toyota Hilux 2.7 Legend 35 (Bullnose) 2003 d/cab 4x4 with Cooper Discoverer AT 3's on with unichip and Powerflow exhaust. Name: Blouwillebees

Return to “Western Cape”