help

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
rickfabio
Town: port elizabeth
Vehicle: prado

help

Post by rickfabio »

Hey guys n gals...great site and a sunny hello from South Africa.
I've got serious 'jeepenstein' that i need some help with. I've pretty much identified most of the drivetrain except for the gearbox and transfer case. The previous owner is convinced it's from a Prado (80 series), but i'll try describe what can't be seen in the photos. It's 5pd fwd shift (gear shift and Hi/lo are on gearbox) and the t-case has the port for a shifter on top but it has a plate cover. I'm convinced it's a r151 box purely from pictures i've seen but it could be an r150, i just don't know. At the top of the box (by shifter base) there is rubber tubing that goes to the base of hi/low shifter and another that goes down to a nipple on the 'actuator' on the t-case. I'm not sure if it's purely venting but there are no other tubes going anywhere else so i'd have to think it is. At this stage it's running 2wd probably because all the wiring going from the transmissin area to the engine bay ends off with 2 plugs both of which are blanked off. There are 2 wires coming from the transmission going to some relay in the dash that i can hear click when i engage 'lo', but thats it. I'm hoping it's a part time 4wd t-case that once i figure out how to wire it up the 4wd will engage but i don't know where to start and don't want to risk damaging anything by applying power to the actuator (i would't even know which pins to give juice). So i guess i'm hoping one of you will recognise the setup and maybe identify exactly what i have. I'm scared it's a permanent 4wd with cdl, in which case there's something seriously wrong in the t-case, but lets see what you doods and doodettes rekon?
Much appreciated
Rick

SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Re: help

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Nissan Safari :?:
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Hay Rick

We don't even know you yet and you already show us your undies :shock: :shock:

Show us pics of your ride first :wink:

Sorry Dude don't recognise your box there but hopefully someone here might :wink:

BTW Welcome
blom
Town: Landrovia
Vehicle: xj jeep & SERIES 3 & Isuzu KB 300 Dtec DC

Post by blom »

Hello Rick
Jip met eerste oogopslag lyk dit soos prado weet net nie van die hi lo actuator nie maar die 2wd/4wd motor lyk bekend
Praat met Paul Perreira Hy ken die Kaste se bedrading GOED 011 7086640
Grensvegter van LANDROVIA
rickfabio

Post by rickfabio »

Hey there...
He he well my jeepy's a slut, spreads her legs for strangers any chance she gets;)
Ok it seems that someone on the auzzie forums suggested it be an Ln130 series transmission due to the LN moulded on the t-case....and with a little research it seems like it could actually be. So are there any Ln130 owners here that can confirm this? they suggest it may be from the 2.4 or 3l diesel range...but some guys have it on their petrol ones.
I really wanna get this wiring sorted and go bosbevok in the bush....
Here's the jeepenstein:
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

rickfabio wrote:So are there any Ln130 owners here that can confirm this?
There are no Land Nover drivers here.... :roll: :roll: :?
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
rickfabio

Post by rickfabio »

:D

ok ok....the ln130 is a Hilux surf....the model i'm thinking is a 1990 hilux surf 2l-te 8)

Return to “The Workshop”