16 June 2012 - Lions 4x4 challenge in Vredendal

pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

16 June 2012 - Lions 4x4 challenge in Vredendal

Post by pietpetoors »

I received this by email this morning. I am still waiting for the full detail but posted it in the mean time for those who are planning their weekends.
Like last year the obstacles will be branded and marshaled by local businesses.
They are also busy building a sand route in the river which they want to make part of the 4x4 day and the way I understand it they want to put the vehicles with open diff and one locker on the obstacle course and those with 2 diff locks on the sand route. That way they can accommodate more participants and there will be something to see for the spectators all the time

Contact Gavin 0828045680 if you are interested.
You can also watch this promotional video of the event
http://vimeo.com/41753595" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Re: 16 June 2012 - Lions 4x4 challenge in Vredendal

Post by GI Jane »

I wonder whether they are holding it at Bergkraal 4x4, I see Frikkie, the owner of Bergkraal in his white Landcruiser features a number of times in the video.... And in my limited experience the guys in Vredendal have some serious obstacles.... So I think it should be some serious trail.. :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:
Johannes van die See
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Johannes van die See »

Pieter ek kom die eerste week van Junie huistoe, my reelings verander ook soos dag en nag jong.
Gaan jy na die event toe of nie, ek is so uit gehonger vir 4x4 maar moet alles deesdae alleen doen want Bianca
het n vrees ontwikkel.
Laatweet of jy gaan asb, ek stel belang.
http://www.goblacksam.com
Image Link Broken
Langebaan Lagoon & Deep Sea Fishing Charters
SideKick
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux '89 2.2 (4Y) EFI D/C 4x4, Mikem Suspension, PowerFlow Exhaust, BroSpeed Branch, 31" M/T, Long Range Fuel Tank, Front Diff-Lock
Club VHF Licence: X108

Post by SideKick »

No

The Maskam Challenge is at BergKraal. The Lions 4x4 Challenge is held at the Lime quarry. We went last year. Stayed at BergKraal though and did the BergKraal trail the friday and the Lions 4x4 challenge the Saturday :cool:

The Lions 4x4 challenge is a very informal. Much like bergkraal. The platteland locals think of at as a rally. So you do the course with a beer in one hand and the steering wheel in the other. (I don't want to try and tell the boere they can't drink!!!) At the last obstacle last time, the guy in front of us went off the side of the obstacle and all he complained about was his beers in his coleman that broke :lmao:

But that DOESN'T mean that we saw even ONE drunk person there. We're all nice and grown up and there for 4x4 fun.
Stress: :irate: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's desire to choke the living $H!t out of some asshole that desperately deserves it!
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

The guys from Exhaust dr. in Vredendal invited me already, think i muast start taking liver suplements.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Post by GI Jane »

Must say Allan the guys I met there are very enthusiastic about driving off road, and have some serious obstacles.... But it is soooo far away for a normal weekend.. Don't remember exactly but I think about 5 hrs drive..
ROOFER
Town: grassy park cape town
Vehicle: 99 s/c hilux 4x4 2.7i long range tank & dual battery; 2003 nissan x-TRAIL (4X4)

Post by ROOFER »

hi Val what are you driving :deadhorse: I usually do about 4h55min :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
AWIE
Town: vredendal
Vehicle: hilux

Post by AWIE »

Die lekkerste pad uit die Kaap is seker via Veldrif,Dwarskersbos,Elandsbaai,Lamberstbaai,Doringbaai Vredendal toe .Julle kan ook met Gavin skakel oor verblyf sel nr:0828045680 of mail : gavin@chargo.net

Return to “Western Cape”