Fortuner V6 4x4 ASC???

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Christian Kuun
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 2008 Tuna V6 4x4 Manual

Fortuner V6 4x4 ASC???

Post by Christian Kuun »

I was told today that the D4D Fortuner 4x4 has selectable ASC, but that all V6 4x4 Fortuners have automatic ASC that cant be switched off. Is this true, and if so, what the hell do you do on the dunes??? I am actually specifically interested in the 2007/2008 models.

I was keen on a D4D but made the mistake of putting my better half behind the wheel of a V6 and now nothing else will do. Got the idea that her smile is NOT going to be very fuel efficient!!! :shock: :shock:
Wynkop Kuun

O82 6l5 8lO5
mandevu
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: polokwane
Vehicle: hilux

Re: Fortuner V6 4x4 ASC???

Post by mandevu »

thanx for the advice...wont be making the same mistake with swambo.... :mrgreen: as i am also in the maket for a tuna
ImageImageImageImage
as dit nie n toyota is nie........... dan is ek nie verslaaf nie
Jingo73
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Zebra (Fortuner)

Post by Jingo73 »

The VSC (Vechicle Stability Control) can be switched of manualy on the 2011 D4D, I'm not sure about the V6. But it switches of automaticaly when the transfer lock is engaged, which I assume would be the same for the V6. The VSC limit the engine out put when the vechicle loose stability. It is switched off when transfer lock is engaged because when stuck you want max power.
Hope this help.
All things that are, are with more spirit chased, than enjoyed.
William Shakespeare
Christian Kuun
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 2008 Tuna V6 4x4 Manual

Post by Christian Kuun »

Certainly helps, thanks. I believe the VSC is only on the new vehicles and not before 2009.

thanx for the advice...wont be making the same mistake with swambo.... as i am also in the maket for a tuna

And dont let her drive the Auto then.....she wont get out until you have paid. :shock2:
Wynkop Kuun

O82 6l5 8lO5

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”