Andy are these the same guys?

Here we discuss Hiluxes in general. Your view of the Hilux. For other general discussions please see "open Discussions" under the "Around the Campfire" heading.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Andy are these the same guys?

Post by Mud Dog »

Yes it's the same crowd. :thumbdown:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

Die eerste klap van die blinde sambok!

Hope you find something else Gary
ImageImage
Christiaankirsten
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Worcester
Vehicle: '98 Hilux 4x4
Club VHF Licence: LOFTUS

Post by Christiaankirsten »

Gary / Andy.....
I was quite interrested in that buy myself!....But now that I've seen this post?????....anything you guys would like to share?
LOFTUS
AM Racing
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Vehicle: Range Rover Classic V8

Post by AM Racing »

:silent: The best things in life are free...
ImageImageImage
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Christiaan ....... viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Predator wrote:It is still for sale, seems with all those extras and it seems like a good deal it must have issues, as it is still on sale. A truck looking like that should fly ......if it was not for the seller I would have gone to look at that and in all prob bought it as well..........
Gary, why not go have a look. According to me it is totally overpriced so maybe you can coax them in buying it cheaper if it pasts a full AA check. m2cw
To God be the glory
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Predator wrote:Never been hard up in my life, hundreds of bakkies are for sale, just to get the right one, but this one....... no sir, even if he offred it to me at R100 I would say no, your name means a lot and once it gets a bad reputation thats it.......
But..... if you can now rip them one you get back at them to what they did to Andy
To God be the glory
Klong se Pa
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: 1995 Isuzu KB280LE 4x4 d/c

Post by Klong se Pa »

Gary, I can't agree with you more about the value of one's word. Even if there's nothing wrong (which I doubt) with the 'Lux, I will not feel comfortable doing business with them. Don't be fooled, those type of people are never on the bad end of any deal, so to rip them I think will be hard to achieve. You will think yes, I got them, but believe you me, you're still be on the receiving end. Far easier to just smile and wave and walk away........
ChrisSwart
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Johanesburg
Vehicle: 1999 2700i Hi Lux

Post by ChrisSwart »

The Ad has been removed from Gumtree, not long after this thread started now I wonder why that happened :think:
arnize2
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Wellington
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4X4

Post by arnize2 »

Mud Dog wrote:Christiaan ....... viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ek het hierdie hele sage gemis. Hoe het ek dit reggekry?? :shock2: :shock2:
Gary, Andy het klaar namens jou skoolgeld betaal. Se dankie en "take note". :acute: :acute:
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Klong se Pa wrote:Gary, I can't agree with you more about the value of one's word. Even if there's nothing wrong (which I doubt) with the 'Lux, I will not feel comfortable doing business with them. Don't be fooled, those type of people are never on the bad end of any deal, so to rip them I think will be hard to achieve. You will think yes, I got them, but believe you me, you're still be on the receiving end. Far easier to just smile and wave and walk away........
Feite... maar moet ook nie laat sulke skelms jou weg hou van 'n uitstekende bakkie nie MAAR seker jy doen jou huiswerk
To God be the glory
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Predator wrote:Chris no its still on gombooooompie - check it out
http://capetown.gumtree.co.za/c-Cars-Ve ... Z292696979" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The seller first stated he was the owner in his adverts , but looking at his other adverts he sells lots of cars, so now the advert says Toyota, no longer OWNER , thats false advertising, and if you sell more than 3 cars a year you must register as a dealer by law, so........
Maybe you can inform Gumtree and the relevant authorities of this.....wink wink nudge nudge.... maybe this guy tries to evade some taxes by dealing like this
To God be the glory
Gunta
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Post by Gunta »

The wheel turns, I hope word gets out there fast and puts them out of business. Nice looking bakkie though, a bit expensive with standard engine. I would definitely not do business with business with them no matter how good the deal. :thumbdown:
Worry about the things you can do something about, If you can't don't worry.
Live life to the fullest with no regrets.
ChrisSwart
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Johanesburg
Vehicle: 1999 2700i Hi Lux

Post by ChrisSwart »

Predator wrote:Chris no its still on gombooooompie - check it out
http://capetown.gumtree.co.za/c-Cars-Ve ... Z292696979" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The seller first stated he was the owner in his adverts , but looking at his other adverts he sells lots of cars, so now the advert says Toyota, no longer OWNER , thats false advertising, and if you sell more than 3 cars a year you must register as a dealer by law, so........
The link at the top of the thread no longer works, I thought they removed it. The fact that they changed the details is a clear indication that they are hiding something
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Gary, I saw this vehicle the day after Andy bought his. At that stage it was in good condition but there were some small rust spots in the engine bay where the Hiluxes normally have rust spots. To me that was a good sign because it showed me that it was not resprayed.

If I remember correctly the guy they bought it from became ill and had to sell it and I think they paid for it what they are selling it for now.

Unfortunately what happened to Andy will always be in the back of our minds.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots

Return to “General Hilux Discussions”