Fuel Consumption???

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
KZTE
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 KZTE 4x4

Fuel Consumption???

Post by KZTE »

I did the SAC conversion to my Hilux in January last year, but I still get 7.5km/L. At first I thought it was the power, its there you just want to use it, and later it would be better. My best consumption ever was 8.3, what do you get in a similar vehicle? :?:
Hilux 3.0 Kzte 4x4 SAC BFGoodrich Monroe's

Image Image
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: Fuel Consumption???

Post by Family_Dog »

I'm sure that Niel and others will reply shortly, but it doesn't sound right to me, I would have expected you get closer to 10Km/L at normal cruising speeds. I get 7.5Km/L with my 2.7i, using a mixture of town and country driving.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Hi Phillip

I get between 8 and 8.5 km per l . I am not the slowest driver either an dthe aircon it on most of the time. I agree that your consumption is a bit heavey because the full SAC conversion shoul give you around a 10 - 15% improvement on the fuel consumption. JBurger also has a KZ with the intercooler and his figures is around the same as mine and even better if memory serves me correct. Unless you have a very big and heavy right shoe :)
Did you have the power plug fitted as well?
KZTE
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 KZTE 4x4

Post by KZTE »

Hi Niel and Eric,

I tried everything, changed type of diesel, drove slow but my Hilux won't do better than 7.5. Only once when we went to Afri ski in Lesotho when I got 8.3 and I think it’s something to do with the temp. and altitude. The strange thing is it makes no difference, fast or slow, pulling a trailer or not it stays at 7.1 to 7.5 km per liter. :?:
Hilux 3.0 Kzte 4x4 SAC BFGoodrich Monroe's

Image Image
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Philip,

There is a thread on the Community Forum where many people were complaining about a sudden increase in diesel fuel consumption. One person suggested that the Railways tested, and rejected, a batch of diesel which they found unsatisfactory. The diesel was (presumably?) then sold to the public. All complained of an average 1Km/L drop in economy.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Return to “The Workshop”