vigo hilux v6-noise at 50km p/h

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
biglux
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: pretoria
Vehicle: hilux v6 4.0

vigo hilux v6-noise at 50km p/h

Post by biglux »

I have a 2005 v6 (vigo).
since I have fitted TJM suspension (shocks + springs) I have noticed a faint vibration/grinding sound from under the vehicle,but only at exactly 50km/h,wether in gear or not.
Could it be that the suspension has been lifted too high for the propshaft angle?
It has not become worse since a long safari,but is it anything to wory about?
Gary at LA SPORT thinks I shou.ldn't
Mornes
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 DC 4x4 AT

Re: vigo hilux v6-noise at 50km p/h

Post by Mornes »

does it go away/get better when you load the back end?
Morne' Smuts

Toyota Hilux 2007 - 4.0 DC 4x4 A/T: TRD Supercharger, OME Suspension, Outback Canopy, 29Mhz Radio, 32 BFGR Tyres, Unichip, Echo 4 Trailer, Duel Battery System, Snorkel, ARB Bumper
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

had a similar situation on the Jeep, just at 100km/h

50km/h in the hilux is like 100km/h for the jeep!! :laugh2:

jokes asides now!!

in the end it turned out the rear diff was loose!!
not saying that its the same thing however seeing that your suspension was worked on, something could be loose!!

the dealer that I bought the Jeep from even had the props redone and . . . and . . . and in the end it was the 3 main bolts for the diff that were loose!!

self still have a slight vibration, however not sure if its me and my imagination or the Jeep, as I cant always feel it!! :laugh2:

self suspect that the rubbers on the end of the diff were replaced before me buying the Jeep and work not done properly or checked!!

maybe its something just as simple on your lux, and since its there since the suspension was done/worked on, it could be something loose!!

good luck!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
biglux
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: pretoria
Vehicle: hilux v6 4.0

Post by biglux »

Thanks for the advice.Will check bolts although they have checked for play on all the joints and everything seems okay.
It remains the same,even if loaded.

Return to “The Workshop”