Soon to be Toyota Newbie ;-) with a few Questions

If you drive a 4x2 Hilux, do NOT think you are not welcome. Post your questions here
Skilla
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux

Soon to be Toyota Newbie ;-) with a few Questions

Post by Skilla »

Hi all,

As the heading says , i am planning on buying a 2008-2009 Hilux and have read a few articles on this site and i have to say , there is alot of info here and seems like a very helpful bunch of people !!

so i cant do a proper intro but will update when the bakkie arrives. :yahoo:

i have a question regarding all the different option available and thought that the best place to get honest answers is on this forum :thumbup:

i see that there are so many different option like raised bodies , facelifts, different models and different trim levels,and seeing that this will be my first proper bakkie i do not want to get the wrong one. :lol:

The reason im getting one is because im gona need one for the new business (general building) so i thought that the 2008/2009 3.0 hilux raider would be perfect but do not know the differences between the models and witch ones have a raised body option and general info on the bakkies.the bakkie will mainly be driven on road but i live on a farm so some dirt road driving will be required so i don't know if 4x4 is actually necessary...

so any info or advise would be appreciated and i hope to become an avid member once everything is sorted.

Cheers
**Edit**
no need for D/C , as the S/C wil be perfect
**end**
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Re: Soon to be Toyota Newbie ;-) with a few Questions

Post by ChrisF »

Christo WELKOM by die forum. :)

I recently bought my Hilux, having gone through the same search ....

Here is how I understand the basic options -
Engines: 2,7 or 4 liter petrol, 2,5 or 3 liter diesel
"height": standard delivery bakkies ride low, then there are "raised bodies" (still 2 wheel drive), then the 4x4's all with raised bodies
SRX vs Raider: SRX is the one without the extra plastic trim around the wheel arches (entry level), the Raider is the full spec model. BUT - even the entry level SRX 4x4 has power steering, electric windows, ABS, Airbags, central locking, etc etc - it does not have steering wheel mounted radio controls nor does it have cruise control. (these are based on the 2010 spec so PLEASE check if this is true for the 2008/2009 spec)

obviously single or double cab variants

with this you can tweak your questions a bit, then the clever guys can help you further.
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Post by Traveler »

Welcome to the forum Christo.

You'll not be unhappy with the 3.0D4D, and you'll have plenty power with good economy, and rather decent levels of luxury.

You can also consider the 2.5D4D SRX, I am on number 3 and still happy (although this is the first one to be really kitted).

Know what you don't know.
Skilla
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux

Post by Skilla »

thanx guys,

@ChrisF , when you put it like that it actually makes a lot of sense and answers a lot of the things i wanted to know.

ill be searching alot today on the forum just to get as much info as possible before asking redundent Q's

cheers

Return to “4x2 Hilux's Welcome”