Introduce yourself and Meet the rest of the crowd
3RZ
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2004 Legend 35 Hilux 2.7 DC 4x4

Howdy from 3RZ

Post by 3RZ »

Hi everyone, been browsing here for a while but haven't gotten around to register until Bennie and I spoke yesterday.

Been on the 4x4community forum for a while now and I see that there are a lot of familiar names here, being a Hilux fan I feel at home already.

Ok, Married 2 Sons, staying in Theresapark Pretoria, working in IT, currently driving a 2004 Legend 35 2.7 DC 4X4 with a few mods (265 BF's, Branch, freeflow, chip, gasflowed head, mild cam job, Ironman suspension etc) Started of with a bigvalve conversion which I chucked after 6 months for a std valve head because 4x4 aint race cars.

My first "bakkie" was a 2.4 2x4 Nissan Hi-rider with a Maus conversion (head, cam, freeflow) which was upgraded to a 89 Hilux 4x4 DC with a JT3000 Supersport engine, then a temporary bout of insanity made me trade it in on an Opel Astra which also got the treatment (SAC Branch, freeflow, filter, chip, revised rocker ratio's, gasflowed head, cams etc), but withdrawal symptoms soon set in and I had to trade her in on a Mazda 2.5 TD DC 4X4 with which also got the treatment (SAC freeflow, bigger intercooler and optimisation). I was very happy with this vehicle but the question around reliability led me to sell her at 120 000 km's and I am happy to say she is still going strong at 200 000 km's without any problems with her new owner. I then bought a 2000 2.7 Hilux DC 2X4 which also got the treatment (SAC branch, freeflow, chip filter, gasflow cams) because I was trying to convince myself that I could live without a 4x4. This was my best drive by far and I would buy her back any day for a daily drive, still seeing her though as my brother in law bought her from me. Needless to say withdrawal symptoms soon set in because no matter what anyone tells you a 2x4 with difflock cannot go everywhere a 4x4 can and you do not have the control that you do in a 4x4 (read safety).

I have a passion for hunting, IPSC (Pistol and 3-Gun), and of course the outdoors and 4x4's especially the 2.7 Hilux. I am forever tinkering to get the best out of mine.
Okkie Van Wyk
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Middelburg
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C
Club VHF Licence: N019

Re: Howdy from 3RZ

Post by Okkie Van Wyk »

Hi 3RZ

Ek deel jou vreugde en glo dat jy nou tot jou sinne gekom het Geniet jou voertuig en baie welkom hier

Okkie
123 WEG MP
2011 Hilux Vigo 3.0 D4D D/C
VENI VICI VIDI
CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

Willem, welcome to the forum and enjoy. Yes the 2.7 is a very nice vehicle. :D
Scooter
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: JHB
Vehicle: '94 Raider, '05 Vigo 4.0 v6

Post by Scooter »

Welcome 3RZ, may your stay be an experience and your experience be why you stay.

Glad you finally gave in to the craving of driving a Toy again.
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Hi Willem,

Welcome to the "Happy Hilux" Forum! You are sure to enjoy your stay here :)

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Return to “Meet the People”