Lion cub killed in KNP

Tell us about your interesting nature stories, animal sightings, questions and pictures on nature and your experiences.
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Lion cub killed in KNP

Post by Niel »

Somewhere on the forum someone posted this (I can't find it) and on 50/50 this evening a Parks board member confirmed that it was possibly a parks board official that was driving too fast and killed the cub. Sad day... :evil:
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: Lion cub killed in KNP

Post by CasKru »

:evil: :evil: ImageImage
To God be the glory
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Yes indeed a sad day. You will probably also find that said official will be re-instated in a higher position with better pay and benefits after taking the Parks Board to the CCMA for unfair dismissal... We live in sick times.... :evil: :thumbdown: :evil: :thumbdown: :evil: :evil:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Mountain Man
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: South Africa
Vehicle: Land Cruiser 79 Series 4.5 EFi

Post by Mountain Man »

We were recently in KNP and there are some really long skid marks on the roads. I would guess that some of them you would have to be going well over 100Km/hr. Late at night I heard a number of fast moving vehicles passing our camp. One wonders who is allowed to drive around at that late hour. On one occasion there were only a few people in our rustic bush canp and we left as soon as the gate opened. Just down the road we saw long skid marks and a fresh road kill. So one wonders who could have been there at early hour. Another time we were at Crocodile gate waiting to get in at 05h00 and this BMW came past with a very drunk driver, bothe left hand side wheels flat and driving on the rims. He entered into Corcodile Gate befoer it opened and went into the park. So one wonders about the nocturnal activities of the employees and maybe their driving is responsible for the majority of the road kill within the park. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Just because it says "4WD" doesn't make it an off-road vehicle.

Return to “Out in Nature”