Kaudom Nyae Nyae Pans Gobabis

Planning a trip or you need information about trails in your area.
Wapper
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Kimberley
Vehicle: Legend 50
Club VHF Licence: HC277

Kaudom Nyae Nyae Pans Gobabis

Post by Wapper »

Hi
I am planning a trip to Namibia through the Kaudom and the into Botswana but do not want to take the tar road. I saw on t4a there is a road north from Gobabis M85 that stop and becomes a dry river. T4A shows there is a road running in the river and the continuing along the Botswana border and going through the Nyae Nyae pans. I know voetspore took that road on their way to Buitepos but the information is limited. if anybody have any information regarding this trip, what the road looks like, travelling time ect, please let me know
ImageImage
cprinsloo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 1998 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X52

Re: Kaudom Nyae Nyae Pans Gobabis

Post by cprinsloo »

Hi Louwrens,

Not many people that I know of has done this route. I also considered it a few years ago, but decided against it due to too many unknowns (did the tar route). But IIRC the guys usually start from Talismanis, then follow the D3830. Maybe you will get more info on http://www.overland.co.za.

What I do know is that you have to be totally self-sufficient with fuel, food and water.

Good luck and enjoy.

C
1998 Hilux D/C Lexus VVTi
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: Kaudom Nyae Nyae Pans Gobabis

Post by OOOOMS »

Hi, ons het die roete gedoen al langs die grenslyn maar van Noord na Suid. Van Kaudum tot by Buitepos en dan deur Bots.

Ons het sommer oppi plaase erens gebly, geen probleem nie. Vat eie water (be self sufficient) en wees gereed om 100 plaas hekke oop en toe te maak. Die mense is baie friendelik. Daar is brandstof op Tsumkwe by die depot.

Sien ook my kort storie hier onder:
Re: Smaller camps in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
There are only two entrances to the camp North via Kaprivi strip or from the South.
Kaudum Reserve is approx. 3800sq/km, with little to no fascilities. Only water available, firewood was free.
Friendly staff, who seldom see visitors, sometimes no one for 3 months, we were told.

There are 2 camps: No booking required as there are very few visitors
Quite a lot of thick sand 2/3rd low range!

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8334&p=90259&hilit=kaudum#p90259

There is not a lot of wildlife as they migrate over to Botswana where there is more water available, however we saw heards of ellies 200+

Vra gerus as jy nog info nodig het. Van die Suide van Kaudum tot Buitepos grenspos is 2 dae se harde ry.

Groete

Return to “Places to go”