LN106R Parking brake bell crank measurements

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
godawful
Town: Nairobi
Vehicle: LN106R

LN106R Parking brake bell crank measurements

Post by godawful »

I have a new project. Just bought a 93 LN106R with 507,000km on the clock. Engine and transmission (and original interior!) are in surprisingly good shape but there's a bunch of other work to do.

Due to some kind of temporary insanity, a previous owner stripped off the parking brake components and never put them back. I've managed to source cables and weld up a replacement for the intermediate lever, but I can't get the bell cranks for love nor money.

I'm going to spend the weekend fabricating my own replacements, but if someone could help me out with a few measurements, I would be forever grateful.

If you picture the right hand bell crank looking forward from the back of the vehicle, it basically looks like an upper case "L" with three drilled holes and a hook on the bottom right end. I've got the shape, I just need to know the distance between holes so I can scale the pattern.
Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 13.01.29.png
If someone could give me a decent idea of the distance from A to B, centre to centre, I'd be able to work out the others. It should be measurable without disassembly.

Thanks in advance!
niclemaitre
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 99 IFS DC 4x4

Re: LN106R Parking brake bell crank measurements

Post by niclemaitre »

The 106 wasn't sold in SA, but the parking brakes are probably identical to the earlier models. If no one can help you here, look up "Living SFA" on Facebook. They rebuild SFAs all the time and should be able to help you out.
Happy trails
Nic

SFA '97 DC - affirmatively shopped
SFA '87 DC "Rooies" - sold
IFS '99 DC "Benny"
godawful
Town: Nairobi
Vehicle: LN106R

Re: LN106R Parking brake bell crank measurements

Post by godawful »

Thanks Nic! I'll do that.

Return to “The Workshop”