BODY MOUNT REPLACEMENT '03 HILUX 4x4

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
JAMES399
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Alejandria Antioquia Colombia SA
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4

BODY MOUNT REPLACEMENT '03 HILUX 4x4

Post by JAMES399 »

The dirt road from our farm to town (5 km) is very rough. Whenever I hit even the smallest bump or pothole, the banging sounded like my truck was falling apart. Entire front end has been rebuilt, so I crawled under the truck to find the problem. Turned out that the cab-to-frame body mounts had collasped, and the body was actually sitting on the frame. Checked every toy dealer and aftermarket parts place ...no luck. Found a place on the net that said they had them in stock, so I ordered a set. Arrived from Japan 7 days later. Installed them last Saturday. The rubber center of the old mounts was totally torn loose from the steel frame. (see photos).
WOW !!! With the rebuilt suspension and the new mounts installed, the truck feels solid and rides like new (almost). Well worth the time and money.

- JAMES
mount.png
mount.png
Attachments
mount2.png
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: BODY MOUNT REPLACEMENT '03 HILUX 4x4

Post by Family_Dog »

Glad you came right, James. Also good to know that if one searches long enough, the spares are available.

How popular are the Hiluxes in your part of the world?

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

JAMES399
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Alejandria Antioquia Colombia SA
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4

Re: BODY MOUNT REPLACEMENT '03 HILUX 4x4

Post by JAMES399 »

Family_Dog wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:21 am
How popular are the Hiluxes in your part of the world?

-F_D
Hilux trucks are the top seller in Colombia. In spite of the fact that they are very pricey. The 2003 -2005 "Hi Rider"
4x4 models are really coveted by their owners (like me) and are in great demand. So much so that their resale prices continue to skyrocket. I purchased mine 8 years ago for 35 million Colombian pesos. Now, they are selling (on average) for 65 - 70 million. Go figure.

- JAMES

Return to “The Workshop”