Long overdue project.

Members' DIY projects
FIRSTGEER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Re: Long overdue project.

Post by FIRSTGEER »

I am also waiting patiently to see the end result.Looks great to date and I'm sure the finished project will make you proud.Get well and take things easy.
God bless
Shaytorn
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: Chevrolet Utility

Post by Shaytorn »

Froll wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:03 pm Well we were off yesterday for next weeks holiday. I finished off the doors and fitted them, took the mirrors apart and cleaned them up. Managed to drop the drivers side fender, got some nasty chips and scratches, so I had to sand it down and respray it today. Fitted the fenders, will align and finish next week when the paint is properly dry. Will finish off the bonnet next.
Looking very good Froll! Well done, I admire your work. :thumbup:
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vioolsdrift
Vehicle: 2010 4.0 V6 Fortuner 4x4
Club VHF Licence: N/A

Post by Froll »

A friend of mine and I worked all weekend last weekend on the bakkie. Got all the small problems sorted. Carb was a problem, not getting enough fuel due to blockage in inlet port. Once it was running , we went for a short drive. No more smoke, runs very well. That is the good news.:thumbup:
The bad news is that my friend is the one that has been bugging me to buy the bakkie. With a very heavy heart I sold it to him :crazy:
I know he will look after the bakkie very well and it is in good hands. I have been battling for a while now with my health issues and decided he will get much better use out of it than I will. I will still be a member here as I still have the Fortuner.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Sorry to hear Roger. At least you know it is in good hands.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Roger, your friend will have to join the forum and continue the tale, with lots of pics as well!

And he should take you out with him when he goes trailing :)

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

Yes Eric, he stays very close to me, so I will see him a lot. The only problem is that he is very anti social media. His phone only gets used for calls, does not own a computer and so on. So I will have to take pics and post them.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

You will have to yes, we haven't seen the final product yet.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Eish Roger! That's not good to hear ... the bakkie saga coming to an unexpected "end" is one thing but the bad health is another matter entirely and we really hope that it's something that can be overcome or at the very least be kept in check. Here's wishing you positive outcomes in your road to recovery going forward. :thumbup:

And yes, I have to share Eric and Pieter's sentiments with regard to continuing the story of your Hilux ...... don't be scarce around here now. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Froll »

Yes Andy, I will not be leaving the forum. I still have my Fortuner, which gives me great pleasure. The SFA did its first long trip today, to Springbok and back. It had no problems at all, drove at a constant 120 without missing a beat. Did not take pics. It is going to stand now for a while as he is going to redo the diffs. The smoking thing just stopped, still not replaced the heads. I think the rings just needed to seat properly. The petrol pipes were connected wrong,inlet and return were wrong way round. I dont know if the too little petrol will make it smoke like on a diesel that gets to little diesel.
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

Hi Roger,
Been looking at your SFA project with interest and enjoyed the transformation from beginning to current.
Just sorry that your health issues put a spanner in the works, but that the health gets sorted out ASAP.
I will get your way sometime and pop in to make your acquaintance.
Hope you have had a great Xmas and will have a prosperous new year,
With ALL the other forum members...
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"

Return to “Build your own:”