Dashboard removal

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Sifu-Lux
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Mount Vernon Illinois
Vehicle: GMC Sierra SLT Z71 (Used to drive a '91 SFA Hilux YN67R 4x4 ,Full OME, ARB lockers front and rear, Ford 3L V6, 35mm axle move, 33" General Grabber X3's and dual transfer cases....... Keep her safe Mud Dog!

Dashboard removal

Post by Sifu-Lux »

I'm busy stripping the dash from my spare Hilux. How do I remove the top section on the passenger side?

This is the part with the air vents in above the cubbyhole. I have removed the screws in the front and the one nut which you can get to with the instrument cluster removed, but there is still something holding it in place.

I presume still some hidden screws, but how do you get to them??? I haven't looked to see if there are screws behind the vents or ducting yet.

Anybody know the quick approach?
Sifu-Lux....I will miss you
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2006 Hilux DC V6 Auto 4x4 Oldman Emu suspension

Re: Dashboard removal

Post by Cookie Monster »

Hi Andrew

I think the final skrew is behind the gril on the right hand side though I am not hundred persent sure havnt striped it myself.
2006 Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V6 Old Man Emu suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank and a LA Sport Sump Guard, Natko railings with spade and high lift brackets, LA Sport high lift jack mounts, Powder coated Hilux Nudge Bar, Hella LED light bar, LED Work Light
Cookie Monster
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2006 Hilux DC V6 Auto 4x4 Oldman Emu suspension

Post by Cookie Monster »

I found a post by Leon on the 4x4 Community from Leon and he says you remove it like this (Did it a few times. Above the cubbyhole (inside the dash) there is a no10 nut that keep the top part of the dash to the black metal plate. The rest is just clips. You also have to remove the left corner vent, there is a bolt there too.)

Hope this helps :mrgreen:
2006 Hilux DC 4x4 4.0 V6 Old Man Emu suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank and a LA Sport Sump Guard, Natko railings with spade and high lift brackets, LA Sport high lift jack mounts, Powder coated Hilux Nudge Bar, Hella LED light bar, LED Work Light
leonbrink
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria East
Vehicle: Hilux

Post by leonbrink »

Cookie Monster wrote:I found a post by Leon on the 4x4 Community from Leon and he says you remove it like this (Did it a few times. Above the cubbyhole (inside the dash) there is a no10 nut that keep the top part of the dash to the black metal plate. The rest is just clips. You also have to remove the left corner vent, there is a bolt there too.)

Hope this helps :mrgreen:
Net so! :D

Give me a shout if you need help.
Nul agt twee vyf vyf nul drie ses vier vyf.
Groete

Leon
Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4

Return to “The Workshop”