I won a car magazine wrap

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Rusti
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: capetown
Vehicle: 97 Hilux Raider 2.4

I won a car magazine wrap

Post by Rusti »

My amazing Mrs entered a car magazine competition for a wrap for the bakkie and won it! :yahoo: :yahoo: The bakkie is going to look sick! :dance1: https://www.facebook.com/CARmagazineSA/ ... =3&theater

The old boy has a ding & 1 or 2 small patches of rust here & there as well as some serious paint pealing issues. We were wondering how much it would cost us to have the prep work done for the wrap as it was obviously not included. At the first meeting we had Garran, the owner of GT Graphics said he would see what he could do for us & had a chat to the panel shop down the road. They are so impressed by the design & makeover that we are doing they have agreed to sort it out FREE OF CHARGE so I must give a massive thanks to the guys from GT Graphics & WFI Auto Detailers in Montague Gardens! They are not only doing the minimum body work required for the wrap but also some other aesthetic touches that I had future plans to do. I've had a few meetings with them & they are ABSOLUTE GENTLEMEN & LEGENDS! :boss:

I bought the bakkie pretty stock standard 3+ years ago as a long term project for camping & future travels across Africa & my daily runner. It was spotless except for a rust patch on the drivers door side mirror fixings. Because we are renting a house with no carport it has been uncovered & the sun started getting the better of it after the 1st year. I've been fixing up the rest of the bakkie as funds became available for more important items that were needed like the full OME suspension. The bakkie had the original leafs on! The original canopy door fiberglass u channel then broke along the hinge when we arrived at Knysna one December. I had been eyeing out Tarquin's alu canopy & back bull bar advertised on the forum for months & it was only still available at that great price because he lived in Plet.. I thought that it must have been a sign from above & ran to get it! :lmao: Now we can finally move onto the body work! :aggresive: :aggresive:

We've been going through some design options based on images that I found online. It's going to be an incredible change. They are talking about doing a big reveal so I can't discuss the design but I can tell you we are not going too flashy but we are also not keeping it a stock colour. There are so many options to choose from because they can print anything you can think of.
CAR MAGAZINE.jpg
20170717_113027_crop_746x796.jpg
coetzer94
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Pretoorsdorp
Vehicle: Silver Hilux DC 2.8 GD-6 2016

Re: I won a car magazine wrap

Post by coetzer94 »

Wow! Keep us updated, sounds like it is going to be badass!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working on my bucket list only makes it longer
Nick S
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Bedfordview
Vehicle: 3L Legend 45 D4D 4x4 DC/AT. RSI Canopy, Snorkel and Radio
Club VHF Licence: HC219

Post by Nick S »

Looking forward to seeing it. '
To build bridges, you need to go to where the rivers are.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Nice Duane and congrats! :thumbup: Keep us updared! :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
RiyadhFortuner
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Lansdowne
Vehicle: 2015 Ford Ranger T6

Post by RiyadhFortuner »

awesome and congrats. Cant wait to see it
Rusti
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Rusti »

Thanks guys! I'll post before & after photo's when I get the bakkie back. I can't wait! :celebrate:
swartvark
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Gordons Bay
Vehicle: SFA HiLEX V8; Suzuki GSF1200s Bandit

Post by swartvark »

Congrats...can't wait to see it.
MUD........GLORIOUS MUD!!!!!

Your friendly VW salesperson......(with a passion for SFA Hiluxes)

NEED A CAR?
talk2tiaan@gmail.com
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

I'm thinking camo ..... maybe grey camo. :D:

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Rusti
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Rusti »

I was thinking cammo but then he showed me all the chrome & glitter colour choices so we are combining all 3 of those.. :lmao: GT Graphics sponsors allot of racing at Killarny so they have used one or 2 of those before. Without saying too much.. It's not going to be be a big bright colour or look like it has been wrapped but rather look like a mean gentlemans no messing around 4x4 truck.. I think the average Jo might think it was a new model Hilux. I HOPE it comes out as unique as I think it will. We won the prize a few weeks ago so I have hunted thousands of images online & only found 1 bakkie like this to copy the concept from. :dance1:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Sounds awesome! :thumbup: When will it be finished?

Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

Mud Dog wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:25 am Sounds awesome! :thumbup: When will it be finished?
Ja, we don't want to hang in our suspenders too long!!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

:subscribed:
Congrats, very curios, keep us updated.

You putting GT Graphics on the spot now, we keeping many eyes on them.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Post by Mars »

Looks like this could not have come at a better time for you or the bakkie. I can't wait to see the end result.
Hilux Heap
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Brakpan
Vehicle: '93 Hilux Raider 4x4 DC. Basic offroad frt bumper with Warn Tabor 9k winch, Roll bar, Towbar, std half door fiberglass canopy with roofrack. 2x 65 lt fuel tanks, 31x10.5R15 HT tyres

Post by Hilux Heap »

Congrats Duane!! When will we be able to see the final product?????
Image,Image

You only have ONE LIFE!! Live it........................... with a Hilux!!!!
Rusti
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by Rusti »

Thanks guys.

I use the bakkie for my food trailer so it should get done in the next 2 weeks or so.
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

HAU! When I saw that you had posted in this thread I was expecting to see pics of the finished job! :blink:

Now you say another 2 weeks!! Eish! ..... Huh-uh, not cool! :D:

Return to “The Workshop”