EGR Blank

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Tassiejames
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Hobart
Vehicle: Hilux kzn165 33" Muddies 1KZ-TE Locked front and rear ..

EGR Blank

Post by Tassiejames »

Anyone ever put a blanking plate on their EGR Diesel ... I've got a 1kzte and want to know anything that anyone knows :)
lukestoyzx
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Griffith
Vehicle: 07 Hilux SR5

Re: EGR Blank

Post by lukestoyzx »

Depends on the year mate! The early lux could be fully blocked but the later one's need a 7mm hole in the plate so the computer still sees gas flow. On the newer ones you can even get the egr turned off thru the computer.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Tassiejames
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Tassiejames »

2004 ... no computer ... not even electric windows :) So have you or someone you know blocked it .... removed it .... blanked it ? Good thing to do? bad thing? run cooler?
lukestoyzx
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by lukestoyzx »

Sorry mate not 100% sure on one that old, my knowledge extends to 05. The very early 1kd motors could be blocked fully with no hassle. Was only later when the computer started to read egr flow. I have my 1kd blocked and it definitely helps with bottom end power by helping keep the turbo spooled up. Definitely a good thing tho, keeps all that horrible diesel soot out of ya motor!

Tassiejames
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Tassiejames »

yep .... I thought as much ..there's more people that recommend it than what there is that don't ... I reckon I'll bite the bullet and blank it off. I'll wait 'til I can take everything off and clean it out ... manifold etc. 200 k+ km of soot been through there.
lukestoyzx
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by lukestoyzx »

Yep very stupid idea! I cleaned mine at 190k and you'd be lucky to stick a pencil through the inlet ports, thats how blocked it was! Fitting a catch can to the engine breather and blocking the egr is the go!

Return to “The Workshop”