Kagalagadi 3rd - 14th Feb 2015

Need some information for an upcoming trip or have questions about a camping site, etc, ask it here.
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Kagalagadi 3rd - 14th Feb 2015

Post by GI Jane »

Planning a trip to Kagalagadi in Feb this year, are there any other members there during that time? Staying at Rooiputz, Polentswa, Nossob and Mata, Mata...

Believe an ellie was spotted there, not sure how recent though, nor exactly where it was... Yes and I know it is going to be as hot as hell..... phew, but getting bookings at relatively short notice means you take what you can get.....
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Re: Kagalagadi 3rd - 14th Feb 2015

Post by Haboob »

Enjoy your trip Val. I am SURE that we will get the best pics on your return...
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
zepplin
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Crooza VX 80 EFI
Club VHF Licence: HC 127

Post by zepplin »

Make sure you re-gas the A/C Val!!!!!!!!!
Crooza VX 80 efi - fully locked.
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.

Post by GI Jane »

Sorry haven't been back on a while... Just crazy busy... Steve I know its gonna be a bit warm that side. Taking my 4x4 trailer with 90 litre fridge freezer, 130w solar panel to make sure the fridge stays cold, we camping at Rooiputs and Polentswa so solar panel a most for fridge. Just had another 85w solar panel mounted on the roof of my canopy so that I can make sure the 40litre fridge in my Hilux also stays cold. Going to need lots and lots of cold drinks,... wasn't going to take two fridges, but think it is absolute necessity....Hear there's been a bit of rain in the Kalahari so hopefully animals around waterholes, lots of cats, and that single elephant bull...
swartvark
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Gordons Bay
Vehicle: SFA HiLEX V8; Suzuki GSF1200s Bandit

Post by swartvark »

Now THAT sounds LEKKA!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
How many of you are going? how many vehicles? Is it a photography thing again?

You lucky bugger you!!
MUD........GLORIOUS MUD!!!!!

Your friendly VW salesperson......(with a passion for SFA Hiluxes)

NEED A CAR?
talk2tiaan@gmail.com
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Tiaan just my vehicle and trailer. So its only the two of us....

Just wondering if anyone has camped at Polentswa and can give me some feedback on the road to the campsite. Tracks4africa say deep sand, so am curious about pulling my trailer through there. Is it like sand dunes, or just sections of deep sand in spots, don't fancy getting stuck with a trailer and no-one around, or getting stuck going up a steep sand dune with a trailer on the back..., well at least the solar panels will keep the fridges cold... I am just talking about the short 3km section turnoff to the waterhole and campsite on the polentswa track.. the other section on the main nossob road I know is fine..

Return to “Route Planning questions/discussions”