PG glass incompetence- Help!

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Skobejak
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7i

PG glass incompetence- Help!

Post by Skobejak »

Hi all. So last week my windscreen gets cracked by a passing truck so I took it to PG glass for replacement. They came and replaced it at my home while I was at work so I did not see what was being done (first mistake.....). When I got home I noticed immediately that the rubber seal around the windscreen was not lying flush with the glass so I called them to come and fix it. After much denial that there could possibly be something wrong and much procrastination I finally took my car to their workshop for evaluation hoping for a refit and solution to the problem. Was I wrong! While I am standing watching, the ' trained technician' pulls out the rubber seal and then proceeds to start scraping the urethrane off the pinchweld with a screwdriver! My beautiful car!! By the time I stopped him he had already taken off the paint and exposed the metal along the entire right side of the pinchweld in a series of large scratches. Now I sit in an uncomfortable situation...... Clearly the damaged paint work needs to be primed before any further attempts can be made at repairing the botched windscreen fitment. Any ideas who I could take it to? Can a reputable PG centre do this work or do I need a panelbeater? Any suggestions? I live in the Pretoria area. Thanks!
Obelix and Dogmatix
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: ROODEPOORT
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

Re: PG glass incompetence- Help!

Post by Obelix and Dogmatix »

hoe het jy dit reg gekry om hom nie dood te moer nie!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Rules are there to make you think before you break them!!!
God made man before
woman so as to give him time
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
Skobejak
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Skobejak »

The idiot! I could have killed him I was so angry
Rattlesnake
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2004 Hilux KZ-TE 4x4. Intercooler. Chip. Dyno. tuned
Club VHF Licence: X07

Post by Rattlesnake »

Sy ma sal hom nie meer herken nie. Ek sal buite myself wees. Wat se die bestuurder?
Skobejak
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Skobejak »

To quote.. ' I understand your concern sir but I cannot comment on their techniques as they are trained technicians. If you would like we can book you in next with with a different technician who has a good reputation' :shock2:
Obelix and Dogmatix
Town: ROODEPOORT
Vehicle: HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix, donated to some clown, HILUX 4.0 V6 4x4 named Obelix II Onca front and rear Amade extreme Suspension and under water breathing apparatus

Post by Obelix and Dogmatix »

photo's + letter of events + email address of wheels 24 and every motoring publication in SA should wake there head office up to get that sorted out ASAP. I take my hat off to you because if it was me I would have been in jail now for blikseming the so called technician and then the owner for that *a* reply. which branch was it? :aggresive: :aggresive: :aggresive:
Rules are there to make you think before you break them!!!
God made man before
woman so as to give him time
to think of an answer
for her first question
COMMON SENCE IS NOT A GIFT, IT IS A PUNISHMENT!! BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!
Skobejak
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Skobejak »

Hartebeestpoort. Avoid it like the plaque. Absolute fools
Mars
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Post by Mars »

Gee hulle 'n opsie. Of hulle maak dit behoorlik reg of jy laat dit doen by 'n paneel klopper en gee vir hulle die rekening. Hulle moet dit regstel en ek sal dit nie daar laat nie.
Pote
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Hartbeespoort
Vehicle: Fortuner D4d 4x4 & VW Passat
Club VHF Licence: X228

Post by Pote »

Had a similar incident with my wife's previous Passat form Glassfit...
The R6000 windscreen ended up costing them R11000 in parts and panel-beater cost. And another two windows.

Return to “The Workshop”