wipers

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
muzungu66
Town: pretoria
Vehicle: hilux 2.7

wipers

Post by muzungu66 »

Good day all

my problem-I have a 2004 hilux 2.7 dc. the wipers will stop randomly at any position and when I pull\push them it will go again. This is quite frustrating in a storm. :punch:

any sugestions?
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: wipers

Post by CasKru »

Welcome...

I would start by checking the earth strap on both the battery to the body and the earth on the wiper motor
To God be the glory
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome Danie! :thumbup:

Also check the contacts of the little 'fingers' in the box section of the motor (best is to remove the motor first). Those contacts are normally on the inside of the round cover and run against brass tracks on the gearwheel inside ... just bend the fingers outwards ever so slightly to ensure good contact.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
muzungu66

Post by muzungu66 »

Mud Dog wrote:Welcome Danie! :thumbup:

Also check the contacts of the little 'fingers' in the box section of the motor (best is to remove the motor first). Those contacts are normally on the inside of the round cover and run against brass tracks on the gearwheel inside ... just bend the fingers outwards ever so slightly to ensure good contact.

thanx for the tip
muzungu66

Post by muzungu66 »

CasKru wrote:Welcome...

I would start by checking the earth strap on both the battery to the body and the earth on the wiper motor

I put on an extra earth strap. hopefully that will solve my problem

Return to “The Workshop”